The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Shopping cart gags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Does anyone have any gags about shopping carts? or Small shopping carts?

I bought a mini shopping cart from a gift shop in a moment of madness, and thought id be able to use it as a gag.

I thought of saying "I won a trolley dash round the department store today, trouble is, this was the trolley!" there most be better gags out there!
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I don't know if these will work in England...it took me six months before I understood a thing Benny Hill was talking about! Heck, I thought the reverse "V" hand signal was a greeting...which, it may very well be depending on your personal persuasion. Smile But, maybe something here will get some ideas flowing for you!

"I just got back from doing a little shopping."

(Hide the cart) "My wife just put me on this new diet. I can eat anything that I can put in my shopping cart. (Pause then show the cart)"

"Man. My grocery store is getting really strict on their express lane limits." (Show the cart)

"My wife promised me a new set of wheels. (dully) Ta da. "

"Talk about government cut-backs!! I got my new social services grocery aid today." (Show the cart)

"My supermarket now offers small snack carts."

"This is the LAST time I shop at that Keebler tree!"

"I went shopping and completely forgot to take the cart out of my pocket. (show cart) My wife/mother washed it."

"Wow! Look what I found! Danny DeVito's shopping cart!" (or Mini Me or some other wee person)

"Honey! I shrunk the Food Lion!"

"As a kid, I couldn't afford real roller blades. A few more weeks in this joint and I can get the mate!"

"My cat is so picky, she does her own shopping."

"Check it out! My official Weightwatcher's shopping cart!"

Skip Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Skip, your ability to think funny always amazes me. A mention of mini shopping care produces almost 15 funny comments. You just did the same kind of thing in another thread (Monopoly jokes)! Incredible! Please, keep it up! Thanks.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I just won a shopping spree through a grocery store. Anything I can put in their cart I don't have to pay for! (show the mini-cart). After the laugh, say: That's ok, the store's a mini-mart!

If I should ever be forced to go homeless, I'll know in advance to pack light (show the cart).
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Skip you're a legend, I love the 2nd line, "I can eay anything I can put in my cart" trouble is, I'm a little on the skinny side myself!

keep em comin!
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Thanks Bill and Flec. High praise indeed from the two of you. Brainstorming like this keeps my mind nimble. I'm not blessed with the innate ability to "see humor" like some of you. I have to work at it and train regularly.

I personally think there are two really funny lines out of that batch...but different folks have different styles of humor...and even an unfunny idea may spark a creative line in someone else's mind. Sometimes ya gotta throw lots of spaghetti against the wall to get some to stick...or something like that.

:) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Shopping cart gags (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL