The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 'Fraud' problem... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I have been performing Fraud about a dozen and a half times now and am noticing a problem using the "extra something". I have bad outcomes if I add too much or too little of it. I don't want to explain much more of this problem as it WILL release some inclinations of how it is done.

Please PM me if you found the same problems (you'll know what I mean if you bought the effect). And please help me with some tips to resolve it.

I also keep extra bills for future performances in my wallet and these can stay there for weeks, until I find the right moment to perform it. Does this have any effect on the problem that I am occurring also??

Thanks.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
gandolf2
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of gandolf2
Hi'
Ive had the same problem. Too much or too little of the stuff provides unwanted results. I also had problems with the stuff leaving some residue. I found that time exposed to the air increases the problem. By not preparing too much in advance and using moister stuff helps. Hope this helps. . Gandolf2
Bspaeth
View Profile
New user
Tucson,AZ
19 Posts

Profile of Bspaeth
I too have had this problem. I also left some bills in my wallet that seemed to do the samething Salby. Your only bet with that is try to use it day of. I know its hard cause its a great anytime effect.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Use CHAPSTICK
The Funny Titan
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of The Funny Titan
Chapstick works good for me but only if I'm performing the effect within that hour or so because it dries up, with his method it seems to last a bit longer and even though like you said there is some residue, extra rubbage can clean it out.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I just think if you play around with it then you will find the right ammount to apply. I messed around with how much to apply for a long time and now I can get it right every single time
bradymc
View Profile
Regular user
Allen, TX
111 Posts

Profile of bradymc
I would imagine that the heat from your body transferred to your wallet and hence the gimmicked bill is causing a problem? If you wear a jacket, you could keep in a breast pocket.
Brady McCain
Website Designer / Magician
www.GoMylo.com
www.GoMyloDomains.com
PAN
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of PAN
I'm experienceing a different problem (If this is too vague, I appologize) I created the gimmicked bill using the non-recommended method, and loved the look, but not the durability. I finally got around to doing it the recommended way, but the gaff looked much less 'crisp', too blurry. Durability is of course much better. Anyone else have this problem??
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
Pan,

I *think* I'm following you. At first, I couldn't think of recommended vs. non-recommended method and thought I'd have to watch the DVD again. However, I think I know what you mean.

I've experienced the same issue.

However, it has not ever been a problem when performing the effect. In other words, I notice it...but the specs do not.

Hope that helps.

OHN

BTW, Fraud is one powerful effect!

People really enjoy it and are baffled.
PAN
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of PAN
IllusiOHN,
Thanks for understanding. I'm glad I'm not going crazy (well, that is yet to be decided). I guess it goes back to "don't run if your not being chased".

And to make it clear, ilusiOHN is absolutely correct - Fraud absolutely amazes!
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
Pan,

Hehe...you are not alone. I've had similar experiences where I thinking the spec will catch on, but they have no clue because they aren't expecting what they are about to see.

I like your quote!
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
I think the idea to use an older bill and a newer bill is a good idea. I think Paul Harris nightshades is a good followup, especially if someone wants you to repeat or show my friend etc. This way you don't have to switch and be worried about enterprising spectators.
Frank
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
GREAT idea with nightshades, I will definitely use that!!!
Aim To Amaze
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
Good idea for nightshades as a follow up...I need to get it.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Intuition
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Intuition
Does the effect work with foreign bills?
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Does anyone use their own bill or do you always borrow a bill and do a switch?
themadhatta985
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of themadhatta985
Hey could someone help me out, I have my bill ready but I need a copy of well I don't wanna reveal anything, but I need a copy of the stuff for the right side. can anyone help me out?
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 12:25, themadhatta985 wrote:
Hey could someone help me out, I have my bill ready but I need a copy of well I don't wanna reveal anything, but I need a copy of the stuff for the right side. can anyone help me out?

If something is wrong with your disk, try e-mailing Ellusionist. I've heard they have pretty good customer service. I'm sure they'll look up your info and replace it for you.
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Yes, we really strive to offer the best customer service and if it defective or soemthing is wrong with it, we'll be more than happy to help you out in any way we can. : )

Madhatta, is your disc messed up?

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
NewsReporter
View Profile
New user
Bentonville
13 Posts

Profile of NewsReporter
I have only performed fraud twice. Both times I experienced the problem of "too much." And I'm talking barely any was too much. Could not perform the illusion after only five minutes post prep. The chapstick suggestion sounds like a solid one to me. But if anyone is having trouble being convincing while looking for a marker, get in touch with me. I have worked out a brief comedic illusion that takes the "searching for a marker" out of the equation and looks extrememly convincing.....that is until I get 'stuck.' I'll try chapstick today.

Another great follow or set up to fraud is Paul Harris' counterfeit spectator. and that trick blows them away. I'm sure fraud does too, but not yet for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 'Fraud' problem... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL