The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Best forces with Jumbo deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
I just use this one and I don't know what it is called. Reverse second and third card from top of pack. Pull cards off face of pack and ask for spec. to call stop. When they do reverse upper portion of deck and place it back to back with lower portion. Spread cards slowly and first face down card will be the force card.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5260 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't call that "best."
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
A pop eyed popper deck works very well and appears very fair to the spec. Just a thought.
Tony
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5260 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Tony, I share that thought.

Larry
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I use a Jumbo Pop Eyed popper in one of my stage routines. As the previous esteemed posters have noted, it works great.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13370 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
When I grow up I want to know what the pop eyed popper is and I want to be esteemed.

frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Frank:

You'll never grow up and you already are esteemed.

Doug
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For large cards, it's hard to beat a rough/smooth setup for forcing.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
I am talking about an ungimmicked force. Who has a better method than the one I posted?
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Manchester, CT
2038 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Use a simple cross cut force for a large/jumbo deck of cards. The force is effective with regular cards, and even more effective with jumbos. Like anytime you use a cross cut, you just need a few seconds of time misdirection before showing the force card.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13370 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I vote for rough and smooth or a block of duplicates on top. Spread the block and have someone just touch any one.

Of course, the trick itself will usually dictate what the best mehtod is.

Some methods won't make sense for a given effect.

The now esteemed,
Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
I said ungimmicked. No dupes!!!
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
A glide force, if you have a table, will work just fine.

Posted: Apr 10, 2007 7:01am
BTW, if you don't have a table you can always use spectator's hands
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3372 Posts

Profile of Julie
The easiest never fail and always fool 'em force with jumbo's is to have the force card face down on top of the deck. Fan the deck face down and ask your helper to "touch" any card. Then ask him/her to remove it from the deck, but to "be sure to keep it face down so I can't see it." note: as you close the fan get a break under the top (to be forced) card.

Almost immediately take the selected (indifferent) card and place it face down on top of the deck. "You could have selected any card, but this is the one you wanted, is that right, Mary?" Now pick up the top two cards as one and show the selected card to your helper and the rest of the audience.

Presented in a matter-of-fact manner this simple handling works everytime!

Julie
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Actually the reverse card ide in the first post is good but I use a double back card, which can be 2 cards glued face to face. Can then also be used as a single cut force, like the cut deeper but with on cut.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Walgreen's sells jumbo decks that are in between a regular deck and a standard jumbo deck. With little practice you can perform many of the sleights you can do with a regular deck. So hindu force, riffle force, bluff pass, slip force ....ect. are all possible.

Julie,

I use the force you mentioned with full size jumbos quite often and it works great. I use it with regular size cards all the time. It is a very clean and fair force.

Click here to view attached image.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5719 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-05-27 23:13, kammagic wrote:
Walgreen's sells jumbo decks that are in between a regular deck and a standard jumbo deck. With little practice you can perform many of the sleights you can do with a regular deck. So hindu force, riffle force, bluff pass, slip force ....ect. are all possible.

Julie,

I use the force you mentioned with full size jumbos quite often and it works great. I use it with regular size cards all the time. It is a very clean and fair force.

El Duco sell Anglo Cards, that are twice the size of a poker deck, with indices that are much larger than on Jumbo Bicycles, and allow you to do many sleights. I understand that they have a nice finish on them, too.
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
The Criss-Cross force.....

Seriously: Aldo Colombini has a easy beutiful force that can be done with Jumbo deck.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
The Cross-Cut force is simple yet poweful esp. in this context.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2009 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Will this work?
Have card to be forces, face up 2nd from top.
Have spectator pick up a block and turn them face up and place on top.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Best forces with Jumbo deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL