The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Best forces with Jumbo deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On 2010-07-08 16:06, Alan Munro wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 22:47, Spellbinder wrote:
One way to bring the jumbo deck down to size is to start with the three force cards on the top of the deck, give it a false shuffle and/or cut and hand the deck to a spectator. Ask the spectator to think of a number between ten and twenty and to deal off that number of cards face-down into your hand. Now you have a smaller pack of cards to work with and the spectator has conveniently placed the three force cards on the bottom of the pack for you. There's more than one way to skin a Hofzinser.

I'd then tell the spectator to deal the cards into three piles. The force cards are then right where you want them.

There's your answer. Just read the posts. You now have three piles of cards dealt by the spectator onto the table, with the force cards on top of each pile (three, four, however many you want...within reason). If the backs are marked in a way only you will notice, you even know which card is which and all that remains is the reveal.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hi there, I read all the posts, but in my case I have to force a card, do some stuff, force another card, produce a bunny, force another card and then handle the gorilla arm finale. So I was in doubt that the "three pile" thing would work across all that action. In other words, people might basically forget what the piles were for. If someone thinks that this method would be OK please let me know...

I was thinking maybe a cross cut force for the first card, then a fan force, then a glide force... something like that. I'm a little hesitant to do all the jumbo card handling in the middle of such a chaotic situation on stage. Anyone got a better idea?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
In your routine, is it possible to force the three cards, one after another, as described above, and have three spectators slide the jumbo (force) cards into three separate envelopes without showing anyone what the cards are? Then they could hold onto the three envelopes until you want them to reveal to the audience which card they chose. And if that works for you, you could even use switching envelopes to exchange any three randomly chosen cards for the three force cards, but don't let the spectators peek at the cards until after the switch has been made.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Here's a strange observation. In my case, the cards have animal names stenciled on the face. So if you fan them you see nothing, it's all white. So the fan force with the top card moving underneath the face up fan is very deceptive. They touch a card but they all look the same, you just break the fan there, flip the stack over and they take their card...
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Hindu force? or rough and smooth
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
After much experimentation I have adapted a version of the Slip Force for jumbo cards.

First hold the deck in your left hand by the bottom half, thumb on one side and fingers on the other. The bottom card will be facing your left palm.

Then use the palm of your right hand to bevel the cards, pushing them up from the bottom. I push the bevel up maybe three inches. Secretly pull the top card back down somewhat, that is the force card.

Next lay the jumbo deck long ways gripped in the cradle of your left hand. Your left thumb will run along the bottom card and long dimension of the deck, your left fingers will be touching the top force card. The bevel will be pointing away from your body and off to the right.

Use the right index finger to riffle through the cards until the spectator says stop. During this motion place the right thumb on the back of the top force card to prevent any accidents. Then pick off the top card stack with the right hand and drop the left hand and present the bottom stack to the spectator. Execute the slip force in the middle of this motion. Your left hand should just be able to turn palm up and present the stack of cards, you can move your left hand into a claw position to hold the loose stack.

This is a little strange in that the bottom card and riffled card are visible during the selection process, but very good in that (1) you are forcing the top card of the deck and (2) the selction process is clearly visible from stage and (3) the spectator is allowed to pick their selected card off the stack in a normal way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Best forces with Jumbo deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL