The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » There's no way but... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

swingjunkie
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of swingjunkie
...it couldn't hurt to ask. Does anyone have a slightly used, or pretty well used, or extra, or whatever, set of cups that they would sell me? Something that can hold an orange and will hold is all I ask...I think. They can be tarnished, I like the kinda faded look like in David V's avatar. Please help, someone? I'm just starting, and I'm a poor college student.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Definitely keep your eyes on eBay. New cups like this (assuming you can even find them) will run you several hundreds of dollars. Or, poke around thrift shops and even gardening stores for metal flower pots, bathroom cups, etc...

If you want a good set, and like the faded look of old cups, check out Tom Frank's original Phoenix Cups. They're frequently on eBay for about $75 or so. Five dollars of patina solution and some work, and you'll have them turned old and brown in no time.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If they didn't HAVE to hold an orange, the price could be significantly less.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I forgot about the orange requirement. The Phoenix cups are good, but they're rather small. Nectarines maybe, but not full size oranges.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Quote:
On 2007-01-05 23:44, swingjunkie wrote:
I like the kinda faded look like in David V's avatar.

Dave does look a little weathered there, doesn't he. . .
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
swingjunkie
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of swingjunkie
Is there really any difference in reaction between a baseball or tennis ball production and a large orange production for the final loads?
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
In my experience, it's not the size of the final load, but the type of load, that matters. And the bigger the final load, the harder it will be to carry off. Fruit is good because it's so different from the balls and somewhat unusual, but there's also nothing wrong with a big lacrosse ball, either. And unlike oranges, lacrosse balls don't ripen and rot -- they last forever.

How about using a smaller orange, or a tangerine, and getting yourself a new set of inexpensive cups for starters? You can get a new copper or brass Bazar De Magia set for under $50, maybe even under $40 if you shop around. You can spend the extra money on some good Cups & Balls DVDs (Ammar, Gazzo, etc.).
SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Do a search on final loads, and there will be more thoughts than you can shake a wand at.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
I myself am chosing between SBL's, Gary A, Sherwoods. Let me know (via PM) what you decide swingj!
-Magic
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 02:59, Dave VanVranken wrote:
I forgot about the orange requirement. The Phoenix cups are good, but they're rather small. Nectarines maybe, but not full size oranges.

"Nectarines! Nature's perfect fruit! Half a plum, half a tangerine, they're just so good!" ~ The Two Thousand Year Old Man
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » There's no way but... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL