The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Running audio AND video from remote (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I currently run all my own sound in my shows. Even when I play larger venues that have a sound guy, I still use the Airclick Performer (from Mr2Guy) and run everything off of the computer.
(previously I used a showtech)

I would also like to add some video to my show, but still want to control everything with a remote in my pocket.

Can I do all of that in Keynote on my Apple, or is there another solution that I should look at?

I was thinking of attaching music tracks to blank slides in keynote, and then when I need video, I could have that as a build in a slide (still with music playing. I could attach the track to the video if I had to, or keep it separate if that would work).

Then, I could just fast forward through the slides....

Can anyone help me on this? Will this work?
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
I use my Showtech (still mini-cd) fpor this with its ability to send DMX to my lighting board.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Tim,

One of the links on my Remote Show Control website is to a listing of show control software.

http://www.zircondesigns.com/Manufacturers-ShowControl.htm

This list is maintained by John Huntington, who wrote a book on show control. There's at least one Mac-based system on the list off the top of my head. I think you might also want to take a look at this system, just to get ideas:

http://www.alienapparatus.com/

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Running audio AND video from remote (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL