The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Buskers (tiny) Cups & Balls Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Roland is an excellent magician and performer. Thanks, Lint, for tracking down the clip. I thought that the table added character to the routine.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Glad you all enjoyed. I got quite a few ideas from people demonstrating their c&b routines on that site. -lint
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
apendola
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of apendola
The guy is really good but the shaky table sometimes made me watch the table a bit more than the magician.

Flawless routine however.
Keith Brown
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
91 Posts

Profile of Keith Brown
I too enjoyed the performance. For a formal setting the table might not be the best choice but for his venue...I think it works. Just my opinion.
~Dr. Keith Brown
<BR>"The Master of Mystery"
<BR>www.KeithBrownMagic.com
<BR>
www.TheInvisibleMagicShop.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-01-10 13:25, Payne wrote:
I'm going to Venice next month and really wanted to take a cups and ball routine but didn't want to lug my traditional buskers table halfway round the world. This type of routine would be perfect.
Gotta start putting a two cup routine together and find myself an old Walsh table.

If you can't find an old Walsh table, there are some Indian tables that are fairly decent copies. I don't usually recommend copies of this nature, but these actually do work. You will probably need to replace the elastic with something a bit stronger, though.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Payne: I may have a Walsh table that needs some TLC... you want it? Just the postage will get it for you. PM me. Also, I can tell you where the best places to eat and enjoy Venice are... Man I wish I could go again soon, but can't afford it right now. But next year!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
BTW... why 2 cups? A really good chop cup or bowl routine can't be all bad. You could use those great little MASKS they sell there for finals.
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
Pete, Don't give Payne the table! He always gets all the good stuff. Smile

Payne, Don't you dare accept. You always get all the good stuff Smile

Self, Don't be so envious. Smile
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Dial Self... you survive the rains? Arghhhhh....
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Thanks for the offer Pete but I've already ordered a cheapy Indian made model. I'm trying to take stuff that if someone pitches it into a canal I won't get upset, besides I don't want to have to put up with Jeff pouting everytime he'd see me with a actual Walsh table.
Wish I could take my standard setup though, busker table, Bosco cups and all my unique loads as I'm going to be in my Eighteenth century togs (it's Carnivale after all) and it'd be great to get some pictures of me working the streets of Venice in period costume with the proper rig.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Well... you could borrow the hotel suitcase holder (like busker table stand) and put your suitcase on it at St. Marco's Square and get pix performing for the 4,354,992 pidgeons.

OK, it is the Rialto Bridge. Off the North end, walk around the canal to the right and you pass thru the vegetable and flower market and to the great FISH MARKET... morning scene there is awesome.

Now, the other way, after you walk off the Rialto bridge, go left (there are food joints along the water... stay away from those... tourist traps... but a block or two is Madonna st. or lane... turn right and up a block or two on left is Madonna restaurant. GREAT FOOD... locals there.

Across alley from Harry's bar on the East side the hotel dining room there is to die for... not cheap, but awesome service. If you can get in. We made reservations a couple of months in advance via internet. If you want details, email me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Buskers (tiny) Cups & Balls Table (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL