The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » FCM Featured on TV (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Okay, is God great or what?

I got a call from a TV producer who wants to do a feature story on the FCM in Los Angeles. January 15th we are going to tape a few interviews and performances of our chapter's members. We will be taping in the famous Magic Castle, where our FCM chapter meets monthly. If all goes well, it will air all across America sometime this year. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

PLEASE pray for us who will be performing and interviewed. Also pray that the show makes it to the air and is well received. And please pray that this will promote the FCM in a positive light, and contribute to the spiritual and numerical growth of the membership.

This truly is an opportunity from God and we give Him all thanks and glory for it.

Joe
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Wow!! This is an opportunity!!
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Excellent news! The FCM will no doubt benefit from this kind of exposure.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
I will be praying!!!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Here's the update of the TV taping.

Last night was a blast! AMA President Gay Blackstone, Club Manager Michael Gingras and Brandy Laplant were extremely kind, supportive and generous to us by allowing us to film inside the Magic Castle. They went out of their way to make sure the night went perfectly for us. We own them a big debt of gratitude.

Ten of us each got to perform a gospel effect for an audience of about 40 guests. Great audience. Great reactions. Great performances. Everyone seemed to be at the top of their game last night. Comedy, Clowns, Vent, Escapes, Cards, Silks, Illusions, and more . . . it was all there. The guests exclaimed that they never saw that much variety of great magic in one evening. These wonderful guests sat there patiently for over 2 hours while we set up and broke down for 10 performers. Even the camera crew seemed to be enjoying all the magic. When they were leaving, one of the camera crew told me what a great experience it was for him. Maybe we planted a seed.

During a break between performers, Mark Wilson walked by and wished me success in getting good coverage of us shown on television. Thank you Mark. FCM friends, keep praying for him. And that's the great thing about the LA chapter, we meet in the Magic Castle every month in order to be a light to those in the magic community who don't have a relationship with Christ yet. It's a privilege to represent Jesus Christ there.

We don't know how it's all going to be edited and what the final product will look like, but all of us were just happy to have been part of the evening of magic. Every performer was encouraging and cheering each other. Love and support and friendship just abounded. It wasn't about any one particular individual last night. We were all doing it for God's glory and to further His kingdom.

Lot's of people who came and worked at the Castle last night, knew that the Fellowship of Christian Magicians were performing and being taped for a TV special. I think that fact brought us up a notch in their minds. We were no longer the stereotypical 'gospel magician' doing mediocre magic at best. In whatever we do, we are interested in giving only our very best for God. Hopefully we are reaching that goal and building a bridge to those who need God's saving grace.

When I find out when and where the show will air, I'll let you all know.

Thank you for your prayers and support for the LA chapter of the FCM.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Praise God! Keep us updated!
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Sounds great! Maybe you can upload the TV special somewhere, when it´s ready. Would be very interesting to see.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Is there something new about it? Was it already on TV? It would be really great to see and learn. So maybe you can really it somewhere, when you have it. I guess there are more than me outside of the reception area.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Thanks for asking JoyJoy. The show's producer said he would email me with the time and air dates, which should be around March or April. He also said he would send me a DVD after the final show edits were completed.

Now that you mention it, I'll drop him an email and see where it stands.

Stay tooned!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Everyone,

The Fellowship of Christian Magicians episode (#26) is scheduled to air on the week of April 1st. This means Sunday the 1st through Saturday the 6th, depending on the station. Most stations choose to air the program on Sunday mornings, but check your local listings.

Check this website for the episode and the air date/time of a station in your area. www.abspresents.com

I'll be in touch as we get closer to air.

Joe
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Thanks Joe!
Missed you at last night's FCM meeting, BTW.
Take care and see you later.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Here's the update you've been waiting for!

The show's producer just called me to say the air date was moved forward and it's going to air THIS weekend.

You will need to check your cable listings to find the show. The program is called The American Bible Society Presents (ABS Presents). The episode is about the Fellowship of Christian Magicians and was taped at The Magic Castle.

Go to the ABS Presents website here and find the channel in your area that it will air on. Then check with your cable provider to see if they carry that channel and at what time it airs in your area.
http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/stations

After the show airs on TV, you can view the show directly on their website at http://www.abspresents.com

Thanks!

Joe
Ron Cote
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Ron Cote
Joe, many thanks, I've just pre-set our recorded.

God Bless You
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Here's the link where you can preview the show....that's Pastor Rob Watkins, our current chapter President. Preview Episode 26. Looks like we are one of three features in that particular show. So we may only get about 6 minutes of actual air time.....

http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/episodes

Joe
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Looks like the air date is April 8th.
Ron Cote
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Ron Cote
It did air in the Washington, DC area on April 3. Very pleased to see the positive exposure. Congratulations to the LA Fellowship members.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Thanks Ron. We appreciate that!

I received the DVD from the show's producer and viewed it last night for the first time. It came out very positive indeed. The sound dropped out in two places on the DVD so I hope they fixed that before airing it. All in all, it was very fun to do and we were proud to represent the FCM in this way.

Now, MAGIC magazine contacted me and wants to do an article about this in their mag. Bad thing is we took no pictures during the taping. Good thing is I have a DVD that I can send to them.

FCM is getting some great exposure lately!

All thanks go to God who decided to do this for His glory.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I'm really disappointed to have missed this program.
I hope it airs again. If anyone hears any news of it re-airing please
lets us know!
Daniel Faith
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
For those who missed it on cable TV (like I did), you can watch it directly on their website http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/episodes
Just click on Episode 26.

If you are attending the National Convention this year, it may be aired there for everyone to see.

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I just watched the piece, it was great! I would still be stuck in the straight jacket...lol.

I have a series of children's devotionals that airs on the TCT network called Kids Thought. I use Gospel magic to do the devotionals. God has opened it up to go world wide...I'm greatful. You can view the spots by visiting my website.

But great piece like I said!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » FCM Featured on TV (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL