The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » United Kingdom Escape Artists (UKEA) 2007 Meeting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Time once again to think about our annual get-together, and this time, it's me who's organising it. I need your help though. I need to know what day would be best and we'll choose the most requested. I'm looking at a full day's meeting on any Saturday in April, which hopefully will mean that's before the outdoor show season, and more will be able to make it, so give me your preference, either here or by PM.

Please pass this info on to anyone you think would like to attend.

It will be in the middle of the UK, Northampton, to be precise, just a couple of miles from M1 Junction 15.

There is a good chance of TV coverage, and we could have access to a swimming pool, so we might see some underwater escapes! I have a hands on gimmicked lock building session planned, and a visit to a leatherwork supplier who has lots of goodies if you want to build your own restraints.

So just tell me when you want it, and we'll get it together.

I need to book the venue soon, so your quick replies would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mick
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Mick
I am interested.
Mario
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
No date yet, just waiting for suggestions. How does the 14th April sound? Once we can agree on a date to suit most of you, I'll book the room.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Mick,
Sat 14th is no good for me as I'm at the BJC in Nottingham between Wed 11th and Sun 15th April.
At the moment the 21st or 28th are free.
Liking the idea of the gimmicked lock building workshop.
Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Could try the 7th. Let's see who can manage what. I'd like to try to accomodate as many as possible

Cheers

MH
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
Could do the 14th, but not the 7th. I'm a Methodist Minister, and the Easter weekend does get a little busy....

If I can get there, though, and you get the use of the pool, count me in for an underwater!

Robin
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Robin...I forgot about Easter. Is the 7th Easter weekend?
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
Yes - 6th Good Friday and 8th Easter Sunday
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Most outside shows start the weekend before Easter so this can be as early as the middle of March.
Then its every weekend through to the end of November (At least).

Ken
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Well that was fun! For all of you that were not able to make it (or were ill instead of coming) it was a great meeting. Dave Matkins escapes were by far the .... oh no we are not supposed to "blow our own trumpet" are we? NO comment from you on that one Ken!

In all seriousness - thanks guys had a great time. Thanks for accepting me as one of the group. I really enjoyed myself.

Dave
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Any one who lives in Swadlincote should be seen and not heard,,,,then arrested.
Any entertainers who have worked this venue will understand this comment.

Ken
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
OK OK OK OK .... I'm off to handcuff myself to the iron and do penance for the little gits who nicked you handcuffs last year!

I will keep my eyes open for them ¡V I m sure I saw a little sod trying tos hop lift with his hands really close to each other. May be he is going for the longest time in handcuffs record? ƒº

I really would like to be serious now and defend the town of Swadlincote.

I would like to ¡K¡K¡K¡K¡K but ¡K¡K¡K¡K really I can¡¦t!

So I wont!

BUT I will buy you a pint when you are a brave little performer and venture back this way in June. I will also pepper the pubs etc locally if you want to get people to come and see you. Just tell me which ones to avoid.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » United Kingdom Escape Artists (UKEA) 2007 Meeting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL