The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cards slip a lot in my hands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert-o
View Profile
New user
Sunny Glendale, Arizona
39 Posts

Profile of Robert-o
Do you guys lick your fingers first or use something on them to keep the cards in your hands? This time of year my hands get very dry and I can't seem to control the cards well. Any advice for creams or moisteners before handling? Thanks.
"Hey... How'd you do that?".
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
Just use some lotion. They sell manipulation hand creme and other magic lotions but they are just lotion.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113
This stuff worx!!
Cardamagically,
<<<KRazy4KaRdZ>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Chamberlain's Golden Touch Lotion or (believe it or not) I've heard THIS tried by several people. Can't say as I've tried the second choice, but the first one works quite well. What you try is up to you!
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
Robert-o
View Profile
New user
Sunny Glendale, Arizona
39 Posts

Profile of Robert-o
Quote:
On 2007-01-10 13:14, DaddyDoodle wrote:
Chamberlain's Golden Touch Lotion or (believe it or not) I've heard THIS tried by several people. Can't say as I've tried the second choice, but the first one works quite well. What you try is up to you!

Lol... I could see it now, as my wife sees me walking into the bathroom with that and a deck of cards and me yelling..."Hold on ..I wanna show you a card trick when I'm done!"....LOL
"Hey... How'd you do that?".
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Quote:
On 2007-01-10 13:14, DaddyDoodle wrote:

Thank goodness for the internet. I found it embarassing to buy tampons for my girlfriend, I can't imagine explaining this stuff to someone who knows I'm single...
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Hi Robert-O!
I have the same problem, and asked the same question.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=3
The advice given was all good, I finally settled on Corn Huskers lotion once or twice a day to moisturize my hands, and Sort-Kwik I'm my pocket to apply to my hands before performing, to help my "grip"
By the way, don't worry about dropping a card now and thenjust pick 'em up and keep going, I've been dropping 'em for decades, I'm not going to get graceful now LOL
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Robert-o,

An old printers' trick from the days of hand-fed printing presses is any lotion containing glycerin.

Do NOT put it on your face.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Quote:
On 2007-01-10 12:34, KRZ4kardz wrote:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113
This stuff worx!!
Cardamagically,
<<<KRazy4KaRdZ>>> Smile

Sortkwik works really well.

I found this product at Staples and bought it as a two pack. It came in a large container about the size of some chewing tobacco tins and a smaller container about the size of a silver dollar and 1/2" thick for about $4. I believe this product is sold to people who count paper money and need fingers that grip.
I highly recommend this product.

Here is a link to see this product.
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?
prodCatType=0&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=17612&cmArea=SEARCH

Dan
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I use Neutragena glycerin hand cream w/o any scent. Works for me.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
hersheymagic
View Profile
Regular user
Harrisburg, PA
134 Posts

Profile of hersheymagic
If you haven't heard of (or tried) Hershey Magic card manip. lotion, stop in your local magic shop and ask them if you can try it! Hershey Magic card manipulation lotion was specially designed by magician / pharmacist Frank Bianco. If your hands sweat it dries them. If they're dry, it moisturizes them and you only need about 2 drops rubbed between your hands. It creats the perfect PH balance for card, ball or coin manipulation. from your local magic shop. Magic City is the distributor for it so if your local shop doesn't have it, let them know they can order it from Magic City.

Thanks,
Keith Hanshaw
Hershey Magic

Click here to view attached image.
Keith Hanshaw

http://smartphonecardtrick.com

SAM Life Member

Current IBM Member
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Quote:
I use Neutragena glycerin hand cream ...

Hah! That's almost like Neutraglycerin! Sounds scarily like an explosive compound! Smile
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Actualy, Lotions with Lanolyn(sp?) are superb. I'm a big fan. Beware the dreaded alchohol and esters, they will dry your hands out. I'm not a fan of glycerin, but the science behind it does work. Lanolyn is actualy more like the natural oils that your skin produces. It is extracted from raw wool. Water is not your friend. Washing your hands a lot will dry them out, as will allowing them to stay wet for any length of time.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Lanolin An oil extracted from the wool of sheep without causing any harm to the animal. It is one of the oils closest to human fatty secretion of the sebaceous glands, making it an excellent moisturizing ingredient. It's a popular ingredient to lip balm and skin care cosmetic. Lanolin is in most of Burt's Bee products.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cards slip a lot in my hands? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL