The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Clue & A -- enhancing your Q & A (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
CLUE & A by Max Gordon

From the introduction: "The method presented here allows you to enhance ANY Q&A or billet routine."

Come to think of it, that is the introduction.

In other words, Clue & A's stated goal is to be an enhancement, not an act itself. How well does it meet its goal?

That depends on you, the performer -- as is usually true in mentalism. With some clever (and simple!) coding, you'll be able to address part of the question before even touching (much less peeking) the billets involved.

Oh yes, it does require billets, those sneaky little pieces of paper that can make or break a mentalist. Whatever your favorite version of Q & A, you can usually (I can think of only two exceptions) add the Clue & A feature to it, making it seem just a little bit more impossible. Seriously, you have the billets put in a bowl and - before you pluck one out of the bowl - you already know two or three things about the question.

And when you do decide to peek at the little pieces of paper, Max provides some quick & dirty instructions on the Acidus Novus. He does this *with permission*, mind you. Though getting permission should be the all-American Christian thing to do ("Yay, Jack Armstrong!") it's becoming rare enough that choosing the right seems even more noble than before.

The manuscript is not long, and the methods are not complicated. And if you treat the methods as if they ARE methods, they won't be invisible. We shouldn't have to remind anyone, but here we go: Act natural. If you act like the method is important, the audience will catch you every time. If you boldly walk out on stage and, with complete innocence, ask "What elephant?" then you, my friend, have the makings of a magician. And if you REALLY DO forget there's an elephant behind you, then you have the makings of a mentalist.

In which case, you can put Clue & A to use as the accessory it was designed.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
He does this *with permission*, mind you. Though getting permission should be the all-American Christian thing to do ("Yay, Jack Armstrong!") it's becoming rare enough that choosing the right seems even more noble than before.

I think these types of comments are so funny. As if only Christians would ask permission. I'm an Atheist and I would ask permission. I would ask because it's right, not because I have this stone aged idea that there is a god that would punish me.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
You may ask "because it's right" but with no moral foundation (i.e. God less) you would have nothing to base that "right" upon...

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-01-11 08:15, Nicodemus wrote:
You may ask "because it's right" but with no moral foundation (i.e. God less) you would have nothing to base that "right" upon...

- Nicodemus

Well, "Do know harm" is a good start. I believe that being "godless" as you say,
certainly doesn't make me immoral.

I understand that all Christians believe otherwise, as do Muslims, Jews etc...
James
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Does it work with Osterlind's Final A?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Now kids, snapping about religion will get your posts deleted. No talking about politics, religion or your dangle-floppy.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
James is obviously unfamiliar with the Jack Armstrong ("the Alllllllllllll-American Boy!") program, so we'll let his insults pass.

And Tom, you forgot there are THREE things which should never be discussed. Religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-01-11 12:34, mormonyoyoman wrote:
James is obviously unfamiliar with the Jack Armstrong ("the Alllllllllllll-American Boy!") program, so we'll let his insults pass.

And Tom, you forgot there are THREE things which should never be discussed. Religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet

Insults? I state my opinion about your overbearing Christian attitude and you say it's an insult. Ha! Typical.
James
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
Quote:
On 2007-01-11 09:55, Dr Spektor wrote:
Does it work with Osterlind's Final A?

I had not intended to apply it to Final Answer, but yes with a little bit of thought it could

Max Gordon
aka
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.
"Always give 100%, Unless you're a blood donor!"

Exclusive publications available from:

www.solutions.yolasite.com
Tarbell Magic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Tarbell Magic
Do you need to know what the questions are in advance though?
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
You'll sort of know, even if you don't know. Really, I can't tell more without revealing Too Much.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Does it works with psi-graphico?
Thanks
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Where can I find details about this?
It's not on his site
TJ
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Max is on here as "dusty" -- you might drop him a PM.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Hi Chet
"Seriously, you have the billets put in a bowl and - before you pluck one out of the bowl - you already know two or three things about the question"

I work 'one on one' so using a bowl is out
Will this item be any use to me?
TJ
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-02-04 06:39, teejay wrote:
Hi Chet
"Seriously, you have the billets put in a bowl and - before you pluck one out of the bowl - you already know two or three things about the question"
I work 'one on one'
Will this item be any use to me? TJ

No answer yet
Are you dealing with one person and a few questions?
Or are you dealing with several people?
Or perhaps it doesn't matter?
TJ
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
REVIEW:-

The review says "billetS"
I work one on one and would like to know:-
Are you dealing with one person and a few questions?
Or are you dealing with several people with one question?
Or perhaps it doesn't matter?
TJ
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Can I ask the difference between this one and Tom Jorgenson's THE ARANDAL CODEX (which I believe it was published first) to someone who own BOTH?

I ask you this in order to know if this one would give me some more possibilities than Jorgenson's method, (which I have found to be the Non-Plus-Ultra up to now!) and with which I can use BOTH billets AND envelopes...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
742 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
I bought it today and I love it Smile

It allows you to get the theme of the question without touching the billet (wich is nice if you need to touch it for your usual methods : it blends perfectly with traditional ways to secretly get to the content of a billet).

With a bit of imagination, you can apply this idea instantly to most Q&A (if every one write on a different paper) including enveloppes based Q&A.

It is a one billet per person method, it could be applied as a one-on-one method but I don't think it would make much sense.
I think it could work well on a small group with minimal adaptation (but it would not be as deceptiv) and great on a big group : it is a Q&A method after all Smile

In a few words, I like it : it is a useful addition, applicable to most Q&A.
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2007, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Can I ask the difference between this one and Tom Jorgenson's THE ARANDAL CODEX (which I believe it was published first) to someone who own BOTH?

I ask you this in order to know if this one would give me some more possibilities than Jorgenson's method, (which I have found to be the Non-Plus-Ultra up to now!) and with which I can use BOTH billets AND envelopes...
Apologies for not responding to the above question sooner. The method could be applied to envelopes assuming you had them write information on a card etc and seal it in the envelope although as each code refers to two pieces of information you would need to be able to access the information inside before you could progress too far. The Billet handling and layout allows the reader to begin revealing information prior to picking it up then continuing the reading via the glimpse described. I have now knowledge of the ARANDAL Codex but as I had Alan Zinng and Jheff preview the method they agreed the method had not been used before, I must assume it does not use the same principle.
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.
"Always give 100%, Unless you're a blood donor!"

Exclusive publications available from:

www.solutions.yolasite.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Clue & A -- enhancing your Q & A (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL