The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » MAGIC Castle membership etc... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Wondering how one becomes a member? Is one asked? Also, can you visit it or do you have to be a member?

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
New Orleans or Bust 2003!
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
As far as becoming a member, you have to audition by giving a short performance.

I don't know how much sense it would make to become a member though unless you lived in LA. But that could be untrue, there are others here much more apt to answer. I would love to become a member myself, but living near DC and going to California so rarely these days, I just don't see what value I would really get out of it. That is just because, in my opinion, the main value out of belonging to the Magic Castle would be getting to actually go to the Castle regularly and associate with its members. But there might be other benefits that I haven't discovered that would make sense of being an east coast member. Smile
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Ellen,

You can visit. As long as you belong to the IBM or SAM and have your card with you, you can get in. Call ahead. Otherwise, some magician can vouch for you to get you in out there.
They do have a site, http://www.magiccastle.com that I think explains the different memberships.

Jim Molinari
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
For those of us that live outside the state, the magic castle offers a non-resident membership and I don't believe it is necessary to audition. The application is on their web site and the member dues are considerably less than resident membership. Two of our members, Joe Marotta and staff member Victor Brisbin can probably shed more light on the membership requirements.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » MAGIC Castle membership etc... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL