The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Punch & Judy - Hanging is Back! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
Whilst the bandwagon rides who will be first to restore the hanging scene in Punch & Judy?

It's very funny done properly.

You can bet the old timers would be in there like a shot. The word's out that it will be in shows in the UK and Europe.

Who's going to do it in North America - they'll be money in it for some. There always was.
Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
Punch and Judy?
- C
pixsmith
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pixsmith
Hmmm, I haven't seen it left out that often, and htat's here in the US. I do it when I a) remember and b) have a sturdy enough playboard for the gallows to stay in place. I haven't really had complaints, but it's been a while since I have done it.

Then again, maybe I see shows from the "old timers."

That's the way to do it!
Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
I've no idea the extent to which it's omitted in the UK. When you work P&J you raely see another working the same ground.

Listening and reading however suggests to me that probably more than half the shows don't include it any more. Not at least for public consumption. I offer it at family events like someones Big 'O' birthday aprty - 60s/70s/80s/90s etc. I havent done a hundredth birthday yet!

I was working a place this summer with a bank of old 'penny-in-the-slot' machines. the ones where scenes are enacted with little figures. One was a hanging scene and there was line up of people waiting to play it.

So it made me think.
Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
johnnyboy
View Profile
New user
Portugal
47 Posts

Profile of johnnyboy
Is there a hanging voice for the puppet poor thing, don't swallow the swazzle
7o but rocking on
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Punch & Judy - Hanging is Back! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL