The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Airclick problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
I was looking more into this. Although the watch is pretty cool I am afraid that it only has a 3 meter range. Not good for show biz.
Thais being said there is another remote made by Nike, but I haven't been able to find the range on this one.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Carlos,

The best IPOD remotes are from ABT, that company also makes the Scosche remotes. Scosche has a nice wristwatch remote.

The Airclick has a shorter range than the ABT/Scosche products.

I personally have tested the ABT remotes and got about 125 foot triggers.

The VirtualSoundman remotes have the longest range but the units are expensive.

But as said before, ALWAYS RESTART YOUR IPOD before you use it with a remote control. Set the IPOD so the backlight NEVER shuts down.

G0THIKE
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
What's the purpose of setting the backlight so it stays on?

Steve
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Setting the backlight to stay on should help the IPOD from going into sleep mode. So when you press a button on the remote, it will trigger properly.

It is a setting in the IPOD used to save battery life.

Now if the IPod falls asleep, you may have to press the remote button a few times to wake-up the unit, and you might experience false triggers or miscues.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
I avoided this problem with a blank track. Between my songs I always have a no sound track that lasts 20 minutes (way more than needed) so the ipod is "playing silence" I think this a better route than having the backlight on. This way the only thing I need to do when ready for the next track is hit next and I am in bussiness.
This was an idea of another Café member and has worked for me using the airclick like a champ. I have never experience any airclick problems whatsoever besides hitting the buttons and not getting it to work, to later realize the hold button was set. I was just looking at the watches mentioned above because I am planning to upgrade my ipod mini (not so mini anymore) to a nano but fittness purposes and this remotes look more subtle than the airclick on my wrist.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Ah, no wonder I haven't had to set my iPod to remain lit. The iCue2 keeps the iPod from going into sleep mode, and also doesn't require a "silent track".

Steve
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Carlos,

Its just an extra step. It might help, it may not help. I believe it does. I just don't like the idea of the IPOD dimming during a 20 minute silent track.

You might consider an upgrade of your remote to ABT or Scosche. You will get better range and better designed unit.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
After trying all the other remotes, I absolutely love the Virtual Soundman. Had a few mishaps at first, but they were my fault. Haven't had a problem since.

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Airclick problems (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL