The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Does anyone know of a bill switch that does not require a TT? If there is one, is it good? Because I think it's hard to find a TT the right size. Any advice?
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
It's called 1-100 (from Danny Archer magic)

Let me know if you want this.
I have ended up with two of them.

I will let you have one for $5
(including shipping)
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Marc DeSousa has one in his new book. There are a few other published versions. I'm sure some of the guys here can point them out to you.
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
Paul Diamond explaines a no TT switch on one of the old Videonics video tapes (now redone by L&L Publishing).
MarkWPA
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MarkWPA
Check into billet moves - they may help -
Just4Fun
View Profile
New user
Dallas
49 Posts

Profile of Just4Fun
I'm currently using one that I got from Tyler Corbin at

http://www.sleightofhandmagic.com

I'm very happy with it. He sells an online download video of two different methods, one with TT one without.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
David Regal has one in book #2 of Constant Fooling, Origami Bill Switch. It is hiding in there amongst the other awesome material!!

Tom
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Here's a couple of sources for handlings that are close to the one that I use, although mine is a little easier to do:

Pocket Power (either the book or tape) by Jarle Leirpoll.

The Skinny Lecture Notes by John Lovick. I showed him my handling a few years back and he has a newer set of notes with an updated handling.

Hopefully, I'll publish my handling, before long. I use it because it convinces an audience that only one bill is used, as well as allowing the hands to be shown empty despite the fact that no tip is used.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Did you publish it yet?
Frank
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Why are you digging up these old threads, squando?

BTW Alan showed me his tipless switch. It's very nice.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The hardbound titled "Switch" by John Lovick has many methods with and without the TT.
CaptRitz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of CaptRitz
Quote:
On 2003-01-07 15:32, manipulator wrote:
Does anyone know of a bill switch that does not require a TT? If there is one, is it good? Because I think it's hard to find a TT the right size. Any advice?

Thumbtips can be altered to fit, using hot water to soften into pliability.

The sanada gimmick is another possibility.
Check Jay Scott Berry's site
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Jarle Leirpoll has a no TT bill switch.
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
There are many sources. Many mentalism books deal with billet switches, which of course are the origins of the bill switch. LOTS of those are without a TT as there were no good tt's when they were developed.

Also as mentioned the Lovick book covers many as well. If you are into bill switches this is THE BOOK to get. I cannot recommend it enough!!

mark
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
If you have a TT available, what are the advantages of a no TT bill switch over a TT version? I have heard people say that they prefer a "non-gimmicked" version. However, without TT, you still have to get rid of the other bill. At least with a TT, your hands are apparently completely empty, and you can ditch the TT at your leisure. The only advantage I see (aside from being impromptu and you are not carrying a TT) , is you typically don't have the fold the bill as many times with a no TT version. Any other advantages to a particular no TT bill switch from the spectators point of view or from a handling standpoint for the magician?
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
The Piatt envelope is perfect for a switch.
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Jim Ryan did a great non tt version long before the hundred dollar bill switch. The only source I can think of for it, he personally showed it to me, is on the Mullica tape from Stevens.

Gil Scott
zachdotcom
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
58 Posts

Profile of zachdotcom
The Kozlowsi switch can be done tipless. Kozlowsi himself doen't even use a TT. One of my favorite switches is Michael Ammar's Birds Eye View. It's a palm up handling that doesn't use a TT. I love palm up handlings of effects that are usually done otherwise.
Magic CPA
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Magic CPA
I second the Jim Ryan/Tom Mullica method. It is really a bill TEAR (and restored)but the same method could easily be used as a bill switch. As Gil mentioned, it's explained on the Steven's tape. It's also explained on Tom Mullica's IMS tape and is included in the Tom Mullica book by R. Kaufman ("An Evening at the Tom Foolery") where it is called "taradiddle".

Joe
David Bond
View Profile
Regular user
Maple Valley, WA
107 Posts

Profile of David Bond
I have Tom Mullica's lecture notes from 1996/1997. The bill switch is in the Bill Tear section (by Johnny Paul / Jim Ryan) beginning on page 12.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL