The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2007 entrée: Michael Close » » Ebooks » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
For those of you who have purchased my ebooks, I'd like to know what you liked about them and what you didn't like about them. Lisa and I are always trying to improve our products, and if there is a way we can make things better for you, we'd like to hear about it.

I'll mention one thing, just to save time. When you buy one of these, the very first thing you should do is read the ReadMe file. It will answer a lot of questions.

One more thing: having the latest versions of Adobe Reader and QuickTime will solve many problems.

That's it. Thanks.

Close
JR Russell
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of JR Russell
Michael.
I honestly don't know what you could do to improve on what you have done. You have set the standard that I wish others would follow. I have all of your ebooks and have printed them off and like referring to the video clips in conjunction with my hard copy (that works best for me). In a perfect world it would be fun to link to references/names etc and have them pop up, that would be a perfect library of the future.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I have to agree, that while I like the printed word the best, you have taken something and made it better.

I really like having the text, and the video together. Also, I like being able to print out particular presentations (I am thinking of Closely Guarded Secrets) and having them with the effects.

Good stuff.

RevJohn
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
546 Posts

Profile of travisb
I've had to muck with Quicktime a bit to get the video to work (The Torn & Restored Card), but no big deal ultimately, and something that will surely be smoothed out as things progress. I've bought two, and aside from the video thing everything was smooth.

The only issue for me is something that's not in your control, and that's that I don't particularly like to read off the screen while learning something. If I could print the video...

-Travis

P.S. While I'm sort of on the topic of the user friendliness of various mediums (I am?), I should note that learning from a book that can't be laid flat is also a hassle--possibly just as bad (for me) as the reading off the screen thing since it keeps me away from the material. So kudos for the Workers series which is bound so that one can actually use it!
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
I think that the transition from silent video in "CGS" to explanatory video in the subsequent eBooks was an improvement. I agree with the others that at present, your eBooks set the new standard for learning magic.

I also like the way that the video and photos are as close to the relevant description as possible. Ease of reading is always a major positive factor in my opinion. John Carney (another world class magician) - did this very well in "The Book of Secrets") IMO that book raised the bar in terms of production standards (I haven't seen any of "The Miracle Factory" stuff.

I also like the fact that the ebooks can be printed out. Some ebook publishers prohibit this which IMO is a pain. I think most people prefer to read from the printed page rather than a screen where possible. I was disappointed to not be able to print off the School for Scoundrels ebooks when I bought the 3 Shell and 3 card Monte DVD's.

Mike, if there was any way you can improve the ebook format I'd be mightily impressed.

Martin.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2007 entrée: Michael Close » » Ebooks » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL