The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic for barter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
One more thing I "bartered" for.
I auctioned off one of my shows for PBS Television auction. The trade was simple enough- Public Exposure. This was back when I still did mostly kidshow stuff. I wound up being in studio and on air for most of an hour in front of a higher class yuppie demographic that has $.
I got a lot of work out of it. Great advertisement.
And I got a great swag bag out of it. I didn't pay to go out to eat or to see a movie for about a year.
One of the few times I did a gig that was strictly for the sake of being seen. The only time it actually worked.
And it was for a good cause, so I was able to write off the show on my taxes.
They do these about once a year where I am. Well worth looking into.
Gwyd
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
Bartering is a good thing, but beware, word gets a round and then people think your cheep or work for anything. Schools, Day Cares, and Churches, too, take advance of this. If bartering, make it worth your time and the same value in trade. 29 years plus, we falling in that trap. You get the job for barter, and some one will see you, and I am getting payed in barter. You can not pay your bills that way, trust me.
Fred K Magic
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
I got my website by doing a show for my web designer's 50th birthday party.

I tried to tell her I charged £1,000 so I'd want a £1,000 website, but she was having none of it. (She must have known I only charge around £300, lol!)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20571 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I find it far better to get paid very well to do what I do, then find the best bargain for what I want to buy.

It depends on what your actual show price really is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic for barter (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL