The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Problems with "Drop Out" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Buddha
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Buddha
Hello everybody,

I got this little trick called "Drop Out" from Paul Diamond´s Magic Company. The introductions aren't that good. I've tried to follow the instructions but I cant get the ball to stay in the hole. Twice I got it there for like 5 seconds, but I've understood that you can actually swing the bottle and the ball shouldnt drop. It would be nice if someone could explain me this. Picture would be even nicer.

Im also new on the forum and I will make a short introduction of myself soon. But this is urgent cause I just cant sleep if I cant get this figured out Smile

Thank you,

Mr Buddha
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3499 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hello Mr. Buddha

Welcome to the Magic Café. If you can learn the paddle move--a basic "move" you need to know--this trick works like a charm.

Later on, checkout Viking's Drop-out Outdone for an even more baffling version.

Julie
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
And how do we know Mr. Buddha isn't on a phishing expedition?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3499 Posts

Profile of Julie
Josh> Meaningful posts should be our goal--not posting for posting's sake--the drop-out type effect and the paddle move have been around for more years than many posters have been practicing Magic. He's not asking about Zig-Zag, Origami etc.

(Unless a youngster has had the benefit of someone to physically demonstrate the paddle move, the brief mention of the handling in Paul's direction sheet will be very confusing. I know because I have the original Diamond's little square of paper that he included with the piece.)

Think positive: someone helped me get started and I'll bet someone helped you!

Respectfully

Julie
Buddha
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Buddha
Well thank you. I figured it out in the evening. It wasnt that hard after all. I just didn't understand those instructions cause Im not actually very good at english.

Mr Buddha
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1965 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Mr Buddha, welcome to the Café. I forgot about that trick. I'll have to play around with it again if I can find it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Problems with "Drop Out" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL