The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Selling non-magic items? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Has the idea of selling non-magic items ever been discussed on here?

As much as we all love magic - there are other interests and hobbies we all have as well. I think that we have a great community of a lot of people here who have proven themselves trustworthy over the years. It would be nice to be able to sell/buy other goods to/from members of a community that we trust and know, as opposed to having to list them on eBay or other places.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5170 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Danny, this wouldn't be my decision however, since this is a magic board, I think the let's make a deal area should be restricted to magic. Where would we draw the line. I can see people selling everything from a baseball to their own house. Just look at the items already for sale on ebay. I think this would get out of hand very quickly.
Where the magic begins
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
I have to agree with Danny. I have been thinking about this for months, and today was the first time I had noticed a thread about it here on the Café. I have very little comfort selling items on ebay, magic related or not, specically because I don't have a good idea of who I'm selling them to. I think there should be a non-magic item forum in the Let's Make a Deal section, just like there is a non-magic related discussion forum in the general magic section.
I would really like to see this as a potential forum. I would much rather sell my stuff to a tight-knit community, rather than a stranger on ebay or craigslist.
Just my voice...
~Jonathan
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4759 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Don't hold your breath, but I will considerate it...
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Selling non-magic items? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL