The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Clean Jokes/Gags for Straitjacket Needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I got asked to do a show on Jan 27th. but since it is a Family Show I Can't do two of my Funniest Gags/Joke Because its Adult Type Humor. so can anyone here please Help me with some Jokes/Gags I might be able to do ? Don,
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Tell them you're sorry but you have only mastered the short sleeve model.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
That's kind of Funny but where would I put it into the Act ?
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
Not knowing your style it's tricky, but when trying to devise humour around a given situation I tend to look for plays on words ( shame you can't do a gag about performing in a gay bar with a straightjacket ), so maybe use restraint? People tell me my act is too over-the-top and I should show more restraint. This is what they came up with.

Or go down the daft route; tonight folks I was going to escape from a straightjacket and handcuffs from inside a burning mailsack suspended 50 feet in the air, whilst knitting a sweater and not dropping a stitch. Unfortunately, I've just realised I've forgotten the wool.

People ask me how I first got into straightjackets. Well, getting into them was the easy part ....
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Dr Chutney Thank you if you want to. PM me on the Gay Bar one. I might be able to use the ideal. and with your Permission. I'll like to use the Last Joke you posted here. Don,

Posted: Jan 24, 2007 9:47am
To Describe my style is a bit hard for me is a bit hard. but what I'll like to be sure the audience is Doing is Laughing and Enjoying Themselves I guess I like to use a few one liners and maybe a few stories. something like the People did back in Vaudeville.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Sent you a pm.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Harris Thank You I hope evreything goes good. I basically have evreything just need some good jokes/one liners Don,
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
When you say family, I'm going to assume there are going to be children there. If so, then once you're all snug in your jacket, you can do a few clownish things. One thing that comes to mind is start complaining that your ear itches and have a child from the front row itch it for you, then you get thirsty and you have a kid toss you a bottle of water, but you cant catch it, so you have the kid try to feed it to you (that in its self can be over 4 or 5 minutes of laughs for any family show). All of this of course depends on how much childrens show material you use (I'm going to assume that you don't have much, knowing that you don't really have any "clean" backup lines up your sleeve).
Just my 2 cents...
Best of luck!
~Jonathan
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Watch out for who you have buckle..at a recent family event...the person made a comment that was a double entedre..I ignored it for a while..but the snickers got to loud to ignore...so I said..."This is a family show.." The gentleman made another comment really to cover up the first but it made the situation less family friendly instead of better. After the line about family show..it was a good laugh/topper for the comment made by my helper..
Comments afterwards were that I handled it in the best way possible...

Volunteers can say some interesting and funny things...
I love comments that bring forth good laughs from them and audience members..Laughs do not have to be originated by this nearly normal guy.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I can't help but think of that old ad for something like a "Life Alert" pendant:

"I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP" Smile

Struggle like you're having trouble getting out of the restraints and then say: While you're waiting for me to escape, how about I perform a card trick for you? Someone please put a pack in my hands behind my back!

I'm used to this. My wife puts me in one until I say yes to whatever she wants!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Look at the sleeves! It fits just like clothes bought on the Internet!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Clean Jokes/Gags for Straitjacket Needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL