The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud Setup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
OK, I like to have 2 options (one new and one old) available so I can closely match the spec's bill. That means I need two of the small reusable gimmicks. (I'm being intentionally obtuse here...)

I got the idea to print my own using some more of the bill I already cut a hole in. I was able to clear some appropriate space and print two more, still leaving me enough bill to trade in at the bank. (Yeah, I'm a cheapskate! Most people would consider three gimmicks for a buck to be a good deal. Not me... "Free" is always better!)

Problem is, no matter how long I let it dry, the inkjet image smears when you apply thumb pressure, rendering the gimmick useless. Any ideas how to "fix" the inkjet image on currency paper? Maybe Dull-cote or hairspray?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7129 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Dull-Cote might work, Doc...sparingly! Hairspray might be sticky...good question, Doc...

Are you using HP ink in your inkjet, or another brand? I've had no smearing problems...Most printers have a "quality" setting..."GOOD"..."BETTER"...."BEST"...now, the higher quality (Better, Best) settings use MORE ink.

You might try "GOOD" to start...let it dry at least an hour, and see what happens.

Also, the paper you are using...THAT couod be a problem as well...some different makes of paper are shinier than others, making a slick surface that ink won't stick to...hence the smear...

Just a couple ideas...good luck!

Doug
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
My question is this. If you are trading in the bill at the bank aren't you getting the gimmick for free. Why not make two gimmicks from two bills and trade both of them in. Or three. Or five. Trade the bill in and you have all original gimmicks and they were all free. Just my opinion on the matter. I do like the idea of having an old and a new bill. I've never had anyone say anything, but that doesn't mean they aren't thinking it!
Good luck!
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1186 Posts

Profile of Salby
Be care of what you guys are saying and thus, possibly exposing (Non-intentionally).

I was temporarily suspended from this forum for 2 weeks for exposing material for just this trick.... And I didn't even do it deliberately.

Just giving you (and others) a "Heads-up".
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
Good point! Thanks for the heads up, Salby.
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7129 Posts

Profile of Dougini
EEEP!

Errrr...uh...maybe PM'ing might be better for this...(looking over shoulder both ways)...

Ummmmm...(s-l-o-w-l-y heading for the exit...)

C-ya later! (dashes out the door...trips on sill...falls down stairs...thumpity-thumpity-thumpity-thumpity-THUMP!!)

Owwww.... Smile

Doug
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Dullcote works! Along with changing print settings. Thanks.

I'm printing on the same paper the Government uses. Precise positioning is a must, and that's all I'm gonna say...

Duh! I see your point, BCaldwell. I should have thought of that.
But I'm not sure I have the cajones to walk into my small-town bank with a handful of identically defaced bills to trade in. Oh, well, I've got two working gimmicks now, that should last me a good long while.

(But I've also got $30 in "Greed" leftovers to turn in, too!)
thecogito
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of thecogito
I use the best setting all the time for this without any problem. Also, you can reuse the gimmick which helps out a bunch as well.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27242 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-02-08 08:31, DoctorAmazo wrote:...I'm printing on the same paper the Government uses. Precise positioning is a must, and that's all I'm gonna say...

WHAT!!!

Would you send me some or a limk to source? PM to discuss.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
See my first post. I print on the same bill I used for the first gimmick. Not only the same TYPE of paper the govt uses, but the same PIECE of paper!
hiwese1
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of hiwese1
Just let it dry a little longer, I never had a problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud Setup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL