The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Real Floating Card!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Outlawz_311
View Profile
New user
Minesotta
92 Posts

Profile of Outlawz_311
Quote:
On 2003-01-13 22:28, manipulator wrote:
Is Real Floating Card better than Melt?

In my own opionion it's definitely way better than melt.
"Ashtonishment is our state of mind" - Paul Harris
www.STGmastaz.150m.com
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Ok. From what I can tell, this effect is a direct decendant to an effect from long ago! I think it was written up in the Phoenix. But don't quote me on that. But I do know that the method is exactly the same. Only the materials involved have been advanced. (thinner IT)The original used a ball of tissue paper to float. And reccomended other small objects as well. Then again, I could be totally off on this. But I don't think so.
MichalMystic, If you are interested in this effect I mention, pm me and let me know.I will describe the workings to you and you can then decide if yours is the same. But I really think it is!

Chad
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Do any fairly experienced IT users reccommend this? Or is there a better way/hook up to achieve this effect?
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
I'm certainly not the best, but I do have a good deal of experience with IT. I have to say that hookup for RFC is much quicker than this effect and most of the others I do.

To answer your question, I have indeed been experimenting with great success this morning on an alternate hookup with an ITR. I think I'm going to be able to get the hookup down to just seconds... while even allowing a bit more height. Anyone interested (who has purchased the trick) feel free to PM me about it.

Leo Martin
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
kermitthefrog
View Profile
Regular user
France
128 Posts

Profile of kermitthefrog
Can the card that floats be handed out for inspection, immediately or otherwise? This is not a question about method.
noobmagician
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of noobmagician
Hiya

I just recently purchased the RFC and let me give you my reviews on it. It is a very conservative review so please bear that in mind. Also this review is based on my experience with it. Which means any issues that I'm listing are from my own experiences.

1.) the floating effect is amazing, clean up is very simple. actually let me say incredibly simple

2.) totally angle proof

3.) the video was clear and instructions on it were great. However for someone who never had much experiences with floating effects there was a tiny itty bit of information that i wish was included in the video. It really does not affect the trick once you're setup, just makes it longer for me to actually set up Smile If you have prior experiences with floating effects then this would not be much of a issue to you at all.)

2.) If you have short fingers (like me) this trick will require a bit more practice to pull off than if you had long fingers. Long arms can also be a slight bonus. Not really required or needed

3.) having a nice big palm can actually be helpful.

4.) i'm not sure if it's possible to do this will sitting down at a table or wearing a jacket. I don't have much experience in floating effects so I'm basing this on what was shown in the instruction video.

Hope this helps someone
noobmagician
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Kermit,

Yes the card can be handed out for immediate inspection. But it doesn't necessarily have to be a card... as you can easily use the method to float a variety of lightweight objects. I've included an example for an alternate routine in the "We double dare you" section of the forum for those interested.

Leo Martin
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Chad no the method your talking about isn't the same as with this method you wouldnt really float a peice of tissue paper it have to be a pretty big peice if you were but hey you never know I will email you just see.

Also thx for all the post guys and support.

This truly is a great effect and are glad your all enjoying it!

Michal Mystic
Neil
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of Neil
So what is new about this effect. I can do pretty much exactly the same thing using various IT hookups. The only new thing appears to be the bent fingers to gain a but of extra height and keep the card level.

When does such a trick become a new effect?
myname1960
View Profile
Regular user
Chris from Ohio
111 Posts

Profile of myname1960
Is this a recommended trick to start with if you have no experience with IT hookups, like myself?

If not, what would be the best way to start learning the IT.
noobmagician
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of noobmagician
Hi myname1960,

I think it's a nice trick to start learning from. As it is not to expensive to begin with. Invest some time & practice and you'll end up with an amazing effect.

Otherwise you can get yourself a ITR and some books on how to use them Smile

But the key thing to remember is that all leviating effects do regular practice before it looks smooth and good. At least that's from my experience so far

Noobmagician
joogy
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of joogy
Hi everyone -this seems absolutely brilliant.
2 questions.

Firstly -can I perform this in a pub where I am sitting down surrounded by my mates (ie; they are sat either side of me, infront of me)?

Secondly -where can I purchase this from?

Cheers
Joogy Smile
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Joogy,

You can positively perform this trick completely surrounded... in fact I did so last night with about 6 or 7 standing around me. And that was even in a well lit room. That's not to say that it's impossible to see the gimmick... but because of the placement of the hookup, they'll most likely be looking in other places for an explanation. I've now performed this trick at least a dozen times in the past few days, and nobody has even come close to figuring it out.

The trick is downloaded as an instructional video from expertmagic.com for only $17 (bargain). Which means you can be learning it today!

Leo Martin
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
joogy
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of joogy
Cheers Cygnus -but do I need to purchase anything. I am new to magic though I have done card tricks in the past. I don't mind learning sleights etc; infact I prefer them to purchasing tricks but is this okay for a beginner?
Once again thnx 4 your help.
Joogy Smile
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
No prob Joogy,

Yes you need to purchase something extra... but the additional expense is extremely inexpensive. And since it's already been mentioned in this topic, I'll go ahead and tell you this flotation is thread based... hence, you'll need to purchase thread. If you're new to doing IT based illusions, and are wanting to get into this area of magic, then I would say this is an excellent one to start with. If you'd like know more regarding IT and sources to buy from, please feel free to PM me for more info.

Cygnus
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Cygnus Id just like to thx you for you honest working magicians opinion as to us at Expert Magic it very important that pros and non pro like our effects.

This truly is a great lev set up and is kicking butt!

Once again thx for all the posts Eric and I really do apreciate it!

Michal Mystic
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
The positive posts are all well deserved. Too many times, we all purchase an illusion only to find out it's nowhere near what was advertised. So when something like RFC comes along, I really like to sing it's praises for being "exactly" what was advertised.

It not only met my expectations, but exceeded them... and for only $17! Bravo, and keep up the great work!

Cygnus
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
joogy
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of joogy
Hey Cygnus I'd also like to say thnx for your help. Alot of people I've noticed just are here to post cocky remarks and don't help people at all. I mean I'm cocky but no need to be on here!! Anyway i would be very grateful if you would let me have details of what I would need to purchase for this trick.
I am writing from work so would it be possible for you to email me at: Narrindersahota@warwickshire.gov.uk

Also whilst I'm here have you heard of a Doc Hilford effect called Mephistos Way?

Once again thnx
Joogy
Smile
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1093 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I don't think the people here are cocky. In fact as compare to other boards, this is the best board on the net. People are just expressing their opinion on products which might not be positive.
Bernard Sim
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
Quote:
On 2003-01-11 13:09, grahamk5 wrote:
When you say the setup is done only once a day, presumably it's not a walk about effect but needs to be performed standing in the same place?
Graham
GK5,

Oddly enough, John Kennedy had this same mis-perception about the Floating Dollar Bill, when he first started marketing it years ago. One place 'we' took it to sell, the folks actually thought it took two people to perform.

You can perform this effect nearly anywhere you wish, then, after handing the card(s) out for examination, gather them back, walk to the next place you wish to show it, and do it again. Then repeat this process. You are not stuck in any one place! Smile
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Real Floating Card!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.77 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL