The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » List of Magic TV Series - Do you Know of Any? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, Brent McLeod wrote:
There was a series here called The Wonderful World of Magic, it was hosted by Bill Bixby around the time of his The Magician detective series.
It was acts performing live at shows in Paris, I remember Richard Ross, Fred Kaps, Dick Zimmerman etc.

I remember watching that! What wonderful memories!
That's where I first saw the great Ali Bongo do his act. I met him back in 2006, I think.
I asked him a question about the music used in his act, because it was different than what he used
in The Wonderful World of Magic. He told me it had to due with the rights to the music so it couldn't be
used on tv, so it was dubbed over.

He was so humble and a total gentleman. As I write this, looking at a signed poster of his from all those years ago.
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
"Super Circus" often had Jack Gwynne,usually performing his "Temple of Benaries".
And the beautiful Mary Hartline.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Jean André
View Profile
New user
Metz
65 Posts

Profile of Jean André
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, Brent McLeod wrote:
There was a series here called The Wonderful World of Magic, it was hosted by Bill Bixby around the time of his The Magician detective series.
It was acts performing live at shows in Paris, I remember Richard Ross, Fred Kaps, Dick Zimmerman etc.

I remember those shows very well! It seems for a time in the 1970's Bill Bixby was a constant presence on television promoting magic and magicians. Of course it was in connection to his role on the series "The Magician", but from all accounts Bill Bixby genuinely loved magic (apart from his acting job on a series about a magician) and was frequently seen at the Magic Castle.

jericho
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of jericho
Early Saved by the Bell episodes had Ed Alonzo playing Max owner of a diner where he went around doing magic tricks for the teens. I heard Ed say on a podcast once that he wanted to do bigger tricks on the show but the producers never wanted to go to the effort of developing the character or his magic. Eventually they didn't even have a place for him in the show and wrote him out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » List of Magic TV Series - Do you Know of Any? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL