The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Size of Practice Mirror? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rjsmith608
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of rjsmith608
I was wondering what size practice mirror would people suggest?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I use two.
One is three 12"x12" panels taped together with duct tape. This can be adjusted to different angles and folds up for storage. I use this is for table work.
The other is a full length mirror on a stand that tilts forward and back. This is primarily used for stand up work.
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
I bought acrylic mirror sheets 24 x 12 from a craft store. I made a frame around one whole sheet and hinged half a sheet on each end. They were less than $20.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
You need two type of mirrors - one for technical work for close up magic and the other - a full length mirror for your standing act.

This would also depend on your budget and your purpose for using the mirror. Are you only doing close up magic type of performance or stand up parlor/stage performance only or both?

Jaz's mention of having a three panel mirror is also ideal for monitoring the angles of your close up work. In fact this type of mirror is highly recommended.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
I use one mirror about 2 ft. by 3 ft. This mirror is good for close up practice because it fits perfectly on my desk top, it also works good for stage because it shows the whole top half of my body.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Size of Practice Mirror? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL