The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Whos going to the Super Bowl? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Tough choices. I think it's a lousy crop of teams. That's what makes em hard to pick. I did allright last week taking the Seahawks and the points, with that ridicilious 9 point spread. But I won't touch either of these.

I'll take the Saints. That's mostly a "heart" pick because I despise the Bears. But they could pull it off. Since Thanksgiving, the Saints have posted scores of 31, 34, 42, 10, 30, 21, and 27. That's not too bad! Still, the Bears have home field and the weather is supposed to be bad. But I hope N.O. runs roughshod all over them. Nothing would warm my heart more than seeing Grossman choke like he's gargling peanut butter, in front of the home crowd.

I'll also take the Colts. That's against my better judgement as well. But Mannings got to break through eventually. And maybe the Colts have enough defense this year to get by.

Either way, I hope the games are good.

What do you football fans think?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I want the Saints, simply because I have been following them for 40 years, and they are finally due!

Saints and Colts - what a great source for story lines.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I have to go with the Patriots, its a hometown thing. Smile
Bears & Patriots
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
Well I was going for the home team SAINTS but the bears took care of that. Turn overs will kill you.
Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
The Colts are going to Super Bowl XLI!!!!! Huzzah!!!

Bloomington, Indianapolis and everywhere else in Indiana are about to experience the biggest hangover ever. I'm so happy that my state finally has something to be proud of other than corn, limestone and the Subway Guy.

For those of you who didn't see it, it was a nail-biting, hair-pulling second half. We have witnessed the largest comeback in NFL history. Score during the first quarter- 21-3. Score at the end- 34-38.

And I wish the Saints had won their game. My brother predicted Colts and Saints at the very beginning of the season, during the first Saints game. Now he's only half right Smile

But that half is the good half Smile

-Evan
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
I've been devoted to the Colts since I was a kid even though they broke my heart when they left Baltimore.

This was one of the best games I've seen in a long time! I was calling my brother on his cell phone, who now lives in Indiana, with updates as he was on the road and couldn't watch the game.

Go Colts!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I didn't even watch it last year and I live in Seattle. Went to the movies and out to dinner instead. It was real weird as the most the town was shut down so that everyone could watch the game. Fortunately our team didn't make it into the game this year so we won't have to go through all the unpleasantness of everyone pretending they've been big Seahawks fans since the start of the season. Seattle is a pathetic sports town with most of the population only becoming fans when the teams are winning, which fortunately doesn't happen all that much around here. We're about to lose our Basketball team and hopefully the other two franchises will follow their lead and take up residence somewhere better suited for them.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-01-21 22:38, Eman wrote:
The Colts are going to Super Bowl XLI!!!!! Huzzah!!!

Bloomington, Indianapolis and everywhere else in Indiana are about to experience the biggest hangover ever. I'm so happy that my state finally has something to be proud of other than corn, limestone and the Subway Guy.

For those of you who didn't see it, it was a nail-biting, hair-pulling second half. We have witnessed the largest comeback in NFL history. Score during the first quarter- 21-3. Score at the end- 34-38.

And I wish the Saints had won their game. My brother predicted Colts and Saints at the very beginning of the season, during the first Saints game. Now he's only half right Smile

But that half is the good half Smile

-Evan

It was the sort of game the Patriots used to pull off. I couldn't beleive that last 30 seconds, there was <still> a chance for Brady to pull off one more miracle, and an interceptor appeared out of <nowhere!> I mean, wow! I wanted the Pats to win, but I have to admit, the Colts earned that title!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-01-21 19:30, MAGICBYTIM wrote:
Well I was going for the home team SAINTS but the bears took care of that. Turn overs will kill you.

You can say that again, especially when the officals allow people to strip the ball when a guy is LAYING on the ground. And then back up the call after viewing the replay.

But the Saints really didn't give themselves much of a chance. Too bad.

Right now, (subject to change) I'll go with the Colts. The Bears aren't going to get the home cooking that they got the last two weeks (the officiating in the last two games was BRUUUUTAL. Are these guys afraid to call a penalty in Chicago?). And I don't think they gameplan the Bears have been using to win at home is going to fly in Miami.
thegreatsantani
View Profile
New user
L.A.
57 Posts

Profile of thegreatsantani
I will say that it will be ....HMMMM the bears and the colts........next Mondaay I will give you my thoughts on the score...heehehehehehe

TGS
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-01-22 13:06, thegreatsantani wrote:
next Mondaay I will give you my thoughts on the score

TGS

If you can tell me the exact score of Superbowl XLI next monday, I'll make it worth your while.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
So is Farve, Faver, Filbert or what ever the QB's name is, going to finally retire from the "Pack"?

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-01-22 14:48, Stanyon wrote:
So is Farve, Faver, Filbert or what ever the QB's name is, going to finally retire from the "Pack"?

Cheers! Smile

I doubt it. Although, I did get word that he recently cancelled his membership at Oneida Golf & Country Club in Green Bay. So who knows?
thegreatsantani
View Profile
New user
L.A.
57 Posts

Profile of thegreatsantani
Quote:
On 2007-01-22 14:03, Vandy Grift wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-01-22 13:06, thegreatsantani wrote:
next Mondaay I will give you my thoughts on the score

TGS

If you can tell me the exact score of Superbowl XLI next monday, I'll make it worth your while.

Today is today, Monday the 29th is this monday and monday th 5th is next monday, this is up for debate but how I see it in my eyes...

TGS
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Ah Ha!! Well using that logic, you could do it.

I always figure the next Monday that comes up on the calender is "next" Monday. But I have known people who would say "this" monday. As in "this" upcoming Monday,I guess.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Polled myself and the other 3 in my family.

Result from all 4: "What's the Super Bowl?" (Not in so many words, but that's the idea.)

Followup, after my wife clued the other 3 in: "Oh."
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-01-22 17:04, rossmacrae wrote:
Polled myself and the other 3 in my family.

Result from all 4: "What's the Super Bowl?" (Not in so many words, but that's the idea.)

Followup, after my wife clued the other 3 in: "Oh."

Are you serious? I can understand not following sports. But not even knowing what the Super Bowl is? That surprises me.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Of COURSE I'm being figurative, not literal - I'm trying to describe an attitude that goes beyond an utter lack of interest and edges into "don't these people have anything better to do with their time and money?"
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember Robert Shaw in "Black Sunday;" "What is this 'Super Bowl?' "
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Coming from SF, and not being a huge football fan, I didn't really understand what was so exciting about the Colts going to the Superbowl, but let me tell you, here at IU last night, people went CRAZY. All night everyone was running up and down the halls screaming "THE COLTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!" What happened to you 49ers???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Whos going to the Super Bowl? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL