The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Anyone use an email newsletter? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I have been thinking of adding one to my website.
Has anyone had any success with an email newsletter for promotional purposes?
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
720 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
I've been using an opt in newsletter program that I'm very happy with. You can sign up for a free 15 day trial here:
http://www.intellicontact.com/a.pl/87273
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
corpmagi,

You are in a high density area. Do you geographically restrict your emails?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I use Constant Contact ( http://www.constantcontact.com ) for my newsletters. It allows for automatic sign-up through my website and offers an automatic opt-out option with each email sent out. The feature I like the most is the scheduled release option. I can write my materials days or weeks in advance and can schedule the mailing for a specific date and time. I use it for newsletters, holiday greetings, appearance announcements and promotional materials. I also use it for my magic clubs, my personal business and a couple of my website clients for their business. The templates are fantastic and it's quite easy to use. They also offer a 60-day free trial. I've used them for well over a year...love it!! Highly recommend it.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
I used Constant Contact but switched to Intellicontact for various reasons. They are both similar.

I think they are the BEST (nearly) free advertising you can do, AND the potential customers come to you.

You could set up a kids "magic and fun" newsletter and send it out Via auto responder. You can promote appearances, products, etc. You can create an E book "How to hire an entertainer" or "10 ways to make your kids party a success for under $100" and have it delivered by auto responder.

One thing I find is cruicial with this kind of thing is make it at LEAST 70% educational, social and fun- Ie a benefit for the subscriber. No more than 30% advertising. This will make the biggest difference in if people stay subscribed.

Also, if your intent is to keep subscribers, and build a network with it, avoid taking "stands" that might alienate people. In other words, if you are a balloon sculptor, don't toss in your views on the republican party, or your support for a given group, organization or ideal, unless that is an explicit part of who you market to. You run the risk of loosing subscribers.

Be SURE that you follow the anti-spam rules/laws to avoid problems. Keep your promises about privacy. If someone signs up for your "magic and fun" newsletter, don't automatically add them to your "joke a day" list.

Do not add people to ANY list unless they have EXPLICITLY said "yes, please add me to this list." If you have a data base of past customer E mails, it IS acceptable and appropriate to send them a one time, PERSONAL note saying: "Hey, I have a new E newsletter, I won't add your name to it without permission, so if it is something you would enjoy, click here to join."

Also, if you say the newsletter is "Monthly" don't send them junk every other day.

If you're not a great writer, get help. If you're not good with web site design and layout, use a template.

ENJOY!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
720 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Bob:

I'm not sure what you mean by restricting the geographic area. My clients are all over the US and Europe and the list is restricted to just my clients. I have about 1500 in my database and send to all of them.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Anyone use an email newsletter? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL