The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » NFL magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
247 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
Got a last minute gig to perform for the Atlanta Falcons at a luncheon on Thursday. (Tomorrow!)

It's an informal lunch -- they want some strolling close-up magic, table to table.

Obviously I'll use my standard, polished material. Don't plan to learn anything brand new for a show tomorrow! But if you think of a neat patter line or football quip that you think might be useful... in a sponge ball routine, in a card revelation, etc... I'd like to hear it.

I'm thinking that my coins across routine is going to be retitled "Retreat of the Eagles." Smile

Best,
JMT
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
[email]jmt@turnermagic.com[/email]
www.turnermagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
There's something to put on your resume!

You could do a color changing deck routine using the stranger's gallary theme and have the deck end up being a whole deck of Falcon's cards. So you could purchase some decks with the different teams on them and glue together some cards to make some double-backers.

Look for decks with borders to match the bikes and for ease of use.

The audience will think you're working with plain old bikes and then they start changing into NFL team's cards (but not the falcons).
At the end, the whole deck changes in to a deck of Falcons cards.

You could devise some patter accordingly about the best team taking over blah blah.

I considered doing this exact thing with a deck of Rams cards... though, as you know, they've taken this year off.

Hopefully, I'll be doing that one next year.
:)

If you already know Stranger's Gallary then you're good to go! Otherwise you've got a few hours of practice ahead of you.

Let me know what you think!

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
A sponge ball routine (possibly in little football shapes) with great patter on the quarterback could lead to some pretty funny one-liners (or receivers for that matter).
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Joe here is an idea I use for customizing just about any effect.
Ambitious card.
In your case:
Put a Falcons logo sticker (if you can find one) on the card and have the card signed by a few players. Say your going to show the importance of team work(thats why they all signed the card)by using a deck of cards.

"You guys may get tackled and wind up on the bottom of the pile(inserting the "signed" card near the bottom of the deck).

"But as long as you guys stick together using Team Work, the Atlanta Falcons will always be on top(showing card coming back to top). Repeat as neccessary using the line above each time the card comes the top.

The last time, you show the card did not come to the top (magician in trouble). You then recover by producing it from your wallet or pocket and saying "I know exactly why your Team card did not come to the top this time...thats because its not even in the deck...by using Team Work the Atlanta Falcons will always seperate themselves from the competion"(as you remove the card from your pocket or wallet).

I'm sure you can incorporate your own Ambitous routine to make this work. Hope this helps.

But I just have to say "E-A-G-L-E-S...Eagles!
The Falcons are going down hard!

Rich B.
Psychosis
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Psychosis
E-A-G-L-E-S...Eagles!!

Way to go Rich!

Sorry, no offense Joe! (get it, no Offense! HAH!)

-= Mike
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
247 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
Umm, yeah, Mike. Thanks for your help.

???

JMT
...rather prefers college football...
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
[email]jmt@turnermagic.com[/email]
www.turnermagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I like that AC idea with the sticker...
then run out of the place and sell that card on ebay !!!!!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » NFL magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL