We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic Movies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Yeah, what does that mean?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Out of your minds in a good way...like you guys are fun nut jobs...in fact...I put myself in with ya.

What I consider the out of their effing minds to be when reffering to the folks in my post (folks being NOT you guys) is not that bright. It was a compliment to you 3 and a slam to the "people who compare..."
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
IMHO rounders merely sucked. Shade did far worse and dragged the names of some good magicians down in the mud as the stars smirked their way through a movie whose best scene had no faces and merely showed the table, cards and a hand or two. Loved that "zapped". Smile

Yeah...just my opinion.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Mak is the greatest person on the Café.

Speaking of Illusionist...am I the only one who picked up the two main clues to the 'ending' midway through the movie that he wasn't supernaturally inclined? Of course I'm not the 'only' one , maybe y'all just don't want to discuss 'spoilers'...but there were two solid giveaways amongst the red herrings. I love that stuff..like the final slow reveal in 'Usual Suspects' or the MAJOR giveaway at the Beginning of 'Total Recall' that I am the only one who got it! haha. Arnold was totally insane throughout the story and it all never happened...it was all in his head. Watch it again and see if you can pick it up. (unless you already have...doubt it though. Smile )
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Thanks, Bitterman. You're right of course. Watched Airplane again yesterday and it did have the trick with the eggs from mouth. Even had one "hatch" and a small bird came flying out.

DirecTV is having previews of pay-per-view flicks and one of them is Scoop with Woody Allen playing a magician, and a poor one at that! I'd see it just to see what kind of tricks he does.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Actually, Woody Allen has been having a bit of a comeback with the movies, IMO. Although, it is troubling to see him casting himself again. I just hope he doesn't have a love interest that is 3/4 his age again. I almost threw up watching The Jade Scorpion. Smile
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I love the Magician TV series. Such a shame it did not really took of . . .
Cards never lie
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
There's clips of "The Magician" on YouTube (at least there used to be, I haven't looked in awhile.) I enjoyed it when it was on, but looking back, it was serious 70's cheese!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
There's the movie "Magicians"

About a magician who teams up with a con man to start an act together and try to get to vegas.

It's not very good, but there's a fair amount of tricks, cons, and pickpocketing in it. And Claire Forlani is in it if that does anything for you.

It does for me Smile
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2007-01-22 19:10, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Whats the one that is by disney that's allways on the family channle? at the start they go around looking for the best young magician in state or somehting..

It sounds like you're thinking of "Now You See It". In that one, an ambitious young student producer, of a reality show that is trying to find the best kid magician, runs across a real young wizard who is just learning how to use his powers.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Houdini starred in a serial (if you don't know what that is you missed a wonderful period of time in life for a youngster)called THE MASTER MYSTERY (1919).
I also have a copy of his movie THE MAN FROM BEYOND. Both of these items can still be purchased. What a thrill to watch the master in action. If interested you might try http://www.oldies.com.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Don't believe anyone mentioned SPADE with Stallone. One of the characters was the Professor, etc. Great movie and only a few years old.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2007-02-05 21:46, CAROLINI wrote:
Don't believe anyone mentioned SPADE with Stallone. One of the characters was the Professor, etc. Great movie and only a few years old.

The movie's name is SHADE and has already been mentioned in detail in this thread.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Scott that's exactly what I was looking for thanks a million!!!!!
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Thanks for correcting my spelling. It should have been SHADE not Spade.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Quote:
On 2007-02-06 07:10, magicbern wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-05 21:46, CAROLINI wrote:

The movie's name is SHADE and has already been mentioned in detail in this thread.

Scott, the "In Detail" part of your comment sounds to me like you didn't like my review of the movie...and frankly sir, I'd like to know why - IN DETAIL.

grrr (did I sound sarcasticly mean enough?)
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
The Escape Artist....came out in the late 80s I believe. Its about a kid who wants to be an escape artist.
- C
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Yes. Not a very good film, even with Ricky Jay, I believe, as a consultant.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
There was a made for TV movie with Christopher George called "Escape." He was a high profile escape artist who investigated crime in his spare time. (I have to wonder if it was by the same people who would later give us "The Magician.")

Now, I'm better at "suspending disbelief" than most people. I'm interested in "factual errors" in productions but I don't go "Harlan Ellison" on them. (Ellison once claimed that "Lethal Weapon" was ruined for him by the fact that the exit Gibson runs to is <far> too far away for him to beat the villian in a car!)

However, even <I> couldn't swallow that the bad guys would take a world renown escape artist, hang him upside down in a strait jacket and seriously think they'd done something clever that he'd never be able to get out of! Boy, talk about a movie that needed to be MST3K'd!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Woody Allen's 'Scoop' has a nice little magic thing going on too.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic Movies (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL