The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Movies with card tricks/flourishes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
jacksorbetter
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
121 Posts

Profile of jacksorbetter
SNEAKERS has Ricky jay's hands doing a french drop.

the RING has a guy doing a one hand turnover

I think John Cusack does the pass in GRIFTERS
Maxim
View Profile
Regular user
London
113 Posts

Profile of Maxim
I've just remembered that 'Blowup' has the main guy doing a coin roll with the old 10 pence coin. Doesn't really count as a card trick/flourish, but it was about the most exciting thing that happened in the whole film.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Dave has Kevin Kline doing a magic trick with a homeless kid on the floor. I don't know if you'll be impressed with it, but the homeless kid got a kick out of it.
spiral-stares
View Profile
New user
New York City
90 Posts

Profile of spiral-stares
aznviet6uy-
"that black guy" does a trick in Romeo and Juliet? He's my favorite!

but anyway. "Penn and Teller Get Killed" is a great movie with (obviously) a lot of great magic (including card flourishes)
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1034 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Woody Allen performs a color change and some other tricks in his early satiric movie "The Sleeper" (I hope this is the original english title).

The correct title (in America, at any rate) is just SLEEPER. A great movie, one of Woody's "early, funny" movies! And when was the last time you saw a "Bang" Gun in a major motion picture?

I suspect Woody, like Steve Martin, is a magician. He wrote a semi-autobiographical play called "The Floating Light Bulb" in which the central character is a shy teenager who practices magic in his bedroom.
Ready to Make Money Performing Magic?
Grab your FREE five-day e-course,
MAKE THE BUCKS PERFORMING MAGIC.
Just complete the pop-up box on the homepage:

https://joelibbyseminars.com
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2003-01-08 17:03, JimMaloney wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-01-08 16:44, therntier wrote:
I think batman has Jack doing a one-handed cut

Simon Lovell provided the hands for Jack Nicholson in the Batman movie.

Although it's not quite magic, Michael Moschen was the hands for David Bowie in Labyrinth when he's doing the contact juggling.

-Jim

I doubt Lovell did that when you can clearly see all of Jack doing that so-called "cut." Actually it looked more like he just revolved the top card around the deck with one hand.

You're up against a Batman fan here!
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
How about Fritz Lang's classic "M". One of the underworld criminals does some flourishes.

Charles Spector Smile
Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
There's a cigarette vanish in Star Wars Episode 2 when Obi-Wan & Anakin are chasing the 'changer', and they end up in a bar. The guy that tries to sell Obi-Wan death sticks, does a vanish of a cigarette.

Or else it was digitally done.....who knows?
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
I month ago I saw an old movie about the Poirot Inspector, I can´t recall the name but the actor who did Poirot made a lot of tricks not only with cards but another things else, he did a backpalm of a card and a pivot, and a lot of tricks. If I recall the name of the movie I tell you.

MAGO68
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
An Agatha Christie murder mystery with magic? Sounds great - please let us know if you remember mago68!
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
Lockstock and two smoking barrels- a fancy one handed cut.
La magie, c'est ma vie
Spade
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Spade
I wouldn't be surprised if the movie Rounders had a few stuff in it
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Spade: I do not remember much in rounders, except for the Pro Gambler who was doing flourishes with his poker chips.

The last time I saw a bang gun in a major motion picture was in Batman.

Who could forget Leslie Nielson(sp?) doing the eggs from mouth in the FABULOUS movie "Airplane"

Corey B.
blwrjw
View Profile
Regular user
The Top of the Mountains
177 Posts

Profile of blwrjw
Quote:
On 2003-01-09 22:40, Indyfan wrote:
There's a cigarette vanish in Star Wars Episode 2 when Obi-Wan & Anakin are chasing the 'changer', and they end up in a bar. The guy that tries to sell Obi-Wan death sticks, does a vanish of a cigarette.

Or else it was digitally done.....who knows?

In the DVD commentaries it says that this was done digitally.

Barry
...before you go rushing off to show your friends a new field of miracles, you should get well acquainted with tools of the trade.
-- Tony Corinda

One can never have enough socks...
-- Albus Dumbledore
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
A minor one that hasn't been mentioned is when Steve Martin cops a credit card out of his wifes purse near the beginning of my blue heaven.

Dave
jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
Check out an old french new wave movie called pickpocket for some cute (if somewhat embellished) lifts.

J
Cardic
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
129 Posts

Profile of Cardic
I also remember seeing Steve Martin putting a cigarette in his ear and pulling it out from his mouth
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Maurile wrote:
"Jennifer Love Hewitt handles a deck of cards with some elegance in Heartbreakers. "

And you were watching the deck... of cards!!!

Talk about professional/hobby deviance!!!!!!!!

She is a cuty that Miss Hewitt, I should know I meet her in NY.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
The Cincinnati Kid with Steve McQueen has some short flourishes.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Quote:
On 2003-01-08 18:53, Verno Inferno wrote:
I just saw a movie with a fortune telling prostitute who used cards. "The Brotherhood of the Wolf (Wolves?). Shedoes a ribbon spread flips em' over and then you catch the back end of what looks like a razzle-dazzle cut. Wished they showed more...Smile

If you talk about the french movie whose original name is "le pacte des loups" (I think you do so), the hands belong to Alexandra Duvivier (yes the daughter of his father...)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Movies with card tricks/flourishes? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL