The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » The avatar rule? (scaring people away) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerto
View Profile
New user
Belgium
80 Posts

Profile of Gerto
Hello,

I just got a PM saying my avatar has been removed. At first I was totally shocked, I briefly read the rules before joining and didn't see it. Now I've looked it up and found the rules. I KNOW , the rule is very clear. I personally am more of a lurker, so it took me a while to register.

I have had the same avatar (attached) all my life, it's how people recognise me. I feel really offended , and worse of all very unwelcome, that someone just deleted it. On the over 150 forums I've registered on , I've never ever seen such a strange rule....

I really don't feel like adding a picture of me to my posts, but without an avatar, people don't remember you.... you're just one of the 10.000 'rabbits from hats'...

I just wanted to share this, this probably sounds quite pathetic, but some people are quite attached to their avatar. To me it's something that makes me feel a part of the board.

Thanks,
Gerto

P.S. I KNOW it's clearly in the rules and I know that I "signed" the rules when joining, I'm just posting this because thought you'd like to know this, cause you have probably already scared a lot of people away with this....

Click here to view attached image.
Hello there! Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Gerto, I already responded to your PM about this so there is no reason to repeat it here.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » The avatar rule? (scaring people away) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL