The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Where is the buy and sell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Is there a placae to buy and sell items here? If so I cannot find it. Or do I need more posts in order to access it?

Thanks
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Here's the answer to your question from a previous topic

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......40&5
Where the magic begins
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

John (acesover)

36 and counting
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Whoops I guess I do not get credit for that one back to 35.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Joe , I did not see your post and asked the same question, maybe there should be a topic heading on the main page and it will only be available when we hit 50, and then folks would stop asking were is it.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Dave, not to sound harsh, but if everyone would read the rules which they agreed to do when they registered, this question would be answered for them. Here's the rules that states the conditions for sales.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......39&0

There is also a sticky topic in the tech forum explaining which posts do not count which would have explained to Acesover why his post didn't add to his count.
Where the magic begins
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Yes we should, I did , but only a glance, I know it was wrong, but honest, I think when we are new and there is so much to choose from the least exciting parts ( but most important) get overlooked.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Yup, you're right.
Where the magic begins
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Dave, I have to ask a rather silly sounding question. Do you ever fully read through the End User License Agreements that are part of every piece of software you buy?
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Clynim, absolutely not and neither does anyone else, however when I'm on a site and have a question about what I can or can't do, I at least look for an FAQ section or as we call it a "sticky topic". The question about a for sale section has come up many many times and rather than type out a response each time, I provide a link which gives the answer.

My response about reading the rules was in answer to Dave's question about a topic stating the rule for 50 posts. The "for sale" rules are an entire page on in the rules and etiquette forum so it's not like we're asking members to read the fine print. All of the rules are in one central place so even if you didn't read the rules at first, it's an easy matter for a member to go there when they have a question. We tried putting a sticky topic at the top of the tech forum to explain why certain posts don't count, but if you look at the number of times the question is asked, it's obvious that it is not being read and I believe a note concerning the 50 post rules would have the same result.

Don't misunderstand, we don't mind members asking questions. That's what the forum is there for and if we can help, we will and all we ask is that the members at least make an attempt to find the answer to their question first. We have an FAQ section, a search function and a Café rules and etiquette forum which should answer almost any question that comes up.
Where the magic begins
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Since people come here to ask the question, why not a sticky post here? At least see if they read that.

As for the faq being fine print, to new members it really is. I know that I had similar questions when I joined, but really did not realize that the FAQ section was there, despite it being right above my name when I sign in. Most people, myself included, want to jump right in and don't realize the little twists and turns that are indicative to each site I go to. Hunting for an answer when one does not know where to look can be frustrating.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
There is already a sticky post, specific to this topic in the topic just above "I want to see the Manager" called "Café Rules and Etiquette", the forum Dave spoke of in his post.
Coram Deo
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Clynim, sticky posts usually aren't read. There is one at the top of the tech forum, which I gave above describing which posts count but the question is continually asked "why isn't my post counter going up". I agree with you that most new members want to jump right but hunting really isn't necessary on the Café. We have two search functions, a regular and an advanced one, a Café and Etiquette rules forum, an FAQ and a simple scan through topic titles in either the manager or tech forums should quickly answer most questions.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Where is the buy and sell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL