The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Email notification (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I see on other sites that are similar to ours but with different content. I’m referring to a woodworking forum. They have a great feature that is when you post a new thread or reply to an existing thread you automatically get an email notice that you or someone else has posted a new reply. What this does is alert you to a topic you may have not looked at for a while but someone else did and they posted something. In other words when ever there is a new post made on an existing thread all who have posted there will be contacted to go and see who made a new post. I had no intention of looking at the woodworking site today, but when checking my email I was sent a notice that there was a new post made and I was now curios and went to see it.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Currently we have that feature but only if you start the thread. At the bottom of the posting window is a check box to "notify me when new post are made". It only notifies the originator, not everyone who has posted, however.
Where the magic begins
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Thanks Dave, I would like to see more options.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I still think this needs to be explored more, a lot of you have several posts in many areas and at present you need to keep a written list to remember where you posted and to see if there has been a recent addition.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Dave, if you click on your name in the upper right corner "you are logged on as", you get that list of topics where you have posted. No need to keep a list. This will give you a list within the last 30 days. If you want to go farther back, just use the search function and search you user name. This will give you every post you have made.
Where the magic begins
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
As in other threads, I would have known this if I read the threads for newbies. Dave you are a patient and understanding man and I thank you. Dave
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Dave, is there a spell check available here.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Not yet. There are several different methods for spell checking but none of them are automatic on the Café. If you have the Google tool bar installed, on the right side of the bar is and ABC check button. Type your message and click on that button. It will highlight any misspelled words in red. Click on the word and it will give you suggestions. Another method is to type your message in "word" and click on spell check. Then you'd have to copy/paste the message into the Café response block.

I have grammar hosts on staff that check the spelling of as many posts as they can but because of the volume of posts, they can't get to every one.
Where the magic begins
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Dave (the other one, not Dave S)
I have been using iespell for a long time. It works for pretty much any text entry box on the web.

It can be found at http://www.iespell.com

I installed IE7 on one of my computers and my iespell automatically showed up in the tool bar as my default spell checker.

Dave (the other, other, one)
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Dave,Thanks for the link, I'll try it. The other Dave
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Firefox 2 includes a spell checker that _is_ automatic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Email notification (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL