The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hidden stuff in movies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Having my tv service interrupted has allowed me some time to watch some movies I've been putting off viewing. At any rate, while watching the credits, I found the following buried in them.

Airplane - Tale of Two Cities written by Charles Dickens

Airplane II - after the "Best boy" credit...Worst boy, Adolf Hitler

Star Wars I - Jabba the Hut as Himself

Star Wars I - ET is seen in one of the senate seats

Has anyone seen any others?
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
272 Posts

Profile of elmago
Where do I begin? Just the animated Diney movies are enough to keep one busy.

The Little Mermaid.
-There was a phalic on the original poster cover. It has been changed since.
-When the priest/ bishop is marrying the hypnotized prince Eric and transformed Ursulanear the end of the movie, there is a part where you see the bishop's "parts" buldging from his robe below his navel. Disney claims he is standing on a box with the robe over lapping it and the buldge is his foot. You be the judge.

The Lion King.
-There is a scene where Simba is on top of a hill at night and collapes on a bed of dandelions. When the dandelions are in the air, they spell out the word "Sex". You have to watch it in slo mo and pause it at the right moment. Disney claims it was a coincidence.

Aladin.
When Aladin makes his first visit on his magic carpet as a newly "wished" prince to Jasmin on the terrace, she sends the tiger, Raja, after him to scare him. Turn up the volume. It is supposed to be background noise but as he is pushing the tiger away, he says, "Take off your clothes." Everyone I shown this to cannot believe their ears.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
-There is a scene where there is graffiti on the wall. A disgruntle employee snuck in Michael Eisner's home phone number. This was available when it came out on laser disk. (remember those) Its been removed since.
-There is a scene when Jessica Rabbit and Roger get tossed out of the taxi car Benny they are driving because they skidded on some "Dip". While they are bouncing around, Jessica Rabbit has a "Sharon Stone moment" from the infamous interregation scene in Basic Instinct. I have not seen this myself, but the rumor is out there.

Other Movies:
Pulp Fiction
In the scene where Vincent is about to inject the adrenaline shot to Mia's heart after she overdosed on heroin, there are the games Operation and Life stacked on top of each other in the background.

That is all I can think of for now.
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Cool information!
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
You can find a few more here:

http://snopes.com/movies/films/films.asp
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
And here for similar things: http://www.nitpickers.com/
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Walt Disney has turned in his grave. Geez that is messed up. I hope Disney has cleaned up a bit.
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Wow is this like the Hidden Mickey thing? I am always a failure in finding such... anyway, cool informatioN!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Jerry Seinfeld was supposed to have a hidden Superman thing in each episode.

If anyone watched the computer animated show Reboot, the number of the episode was somewhere in it.

Can't say for sure if it was "Tiny Toons Adventures", but it was a show done by
Spielberg. At the end of the credits was some crazy statement.

As for The Lion King, I did see that "sex" thing. No way that could be coincidence. As for Simba himself, he was supposed to be a knock-off of Kimba the White Lion, an anime character from the 60's. Of course, Disney denies all.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
ET Special Edition:

Halloween scene:

Instead of Libyan Terrorists the boys are admonished for dressing as hippies?!?
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
Imdb is always a good thing to look for these.
They trivia, goofs and other interesting stuff concerning the movies.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Also in ET:

Police guns have been cgi'd in favour of walkie talkies.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Here's a list including screen shots of all the cameos Hitchcock made in his movies.

http://hitchcock.tv/cam/cameos.html
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Has anybody here tried syncing up "Dark Side of the Moon" with the Wizard of Oz? I haven't but I'd like to hear from somebody who actually cared enough to try it out.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Stephen King does cameos in all his movies as well.

As for changing the guns to walkie-talkies, that sounds like the Political Correction police at work again.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Early in the Little Mermaid, when King Triton first comes out and is high above the audience, if you go frame-by-frame and watch the crowd, you'll see Mickey, Donald, and Goofy standing amongst the mer-people. This is much easier to see now that the special edition DVD has been released. There are TONS of little hidden gems hidden in all types of movies, from cameos, to hidden gags, etc.
Kevin Reylek
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-01-25 05:27, elmago wrote:
Where do I begin? Just the animated Diney movies are enough to keep one busy.

The Little Mermaid.
-There was a phalic on the original poster cover. It has been changed since.
-When the priest/ bishop is marrying the hypnotized prince Eric and transformed Ursulanear the end of the movie, there is a part where you see the bishop's "parts" buldging from his robe below his navel. Disney claims he is standing on a box with the robe over lapping it and the buldge is his foot. You be the judge.

It's his knees. If it's anything else, he's wasted in the priesthood.

Here <is> a hidden image BTW. When King Triton rides his chariot over the crowd of merpeople, freeze frame it and look at the tiny people <just> below the chariot. (I won't spoil it for you by pointing out <what> you're looking for. If you want spoilers, PM me.

Quote:
The Lion King.
-There is a scene where Simba is on top of a hill at night and collapes on a bed of dandelions. When the dandelions are in the air, they spell out the word "Sex". You have to watch it in slo mo and pause it at the right moment. Disney claims it was a coincidence.

The special effects house (the people who animated little things that weren't characters) was S F X. If they <were> going to do "SEX," they certainly wouldn't have done it there where Simba is feeling bad after joining his "friends" in laughing at the advice his father had given him as a cub.

Quote:
Aladin.
When Aladin makes his first visit on his magic carpet as a newly "wished" prince to Jasmin on the terrace, she sends the tiger, Raja, after him to scare him. Turn up the volume. It is supposed to be background noise but as he is pushing the tiger away, he says, "Take off your clothes." Everyone I shown this to cannot believe their ears.

"Good tiger, take off, go!"

Quote:
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
-There is a scene where there is graffiti on the wall. A disgruntle employee snuck in Michael Eisner's home phone number. This was available when it came out on laser disk. (remember those) Its been removed since.

Nope, no argument from me on that one. It was there, it's been removed. Pity.

Quote:
-There is a scene when Jessica Rabbit and Roger get tossed out of the taxi car Benny they are driving because they skidded on some "Dip". While they are bouncing around, Jessica Rabbit has a "Sharon Stone moment" from the infamous interregation scene in Basic Instinct. I have not seen this myself, but the rumor is out there.

That's just in the first release of the DVD. Somebody got cute and messed with the color in a few frames.

In early copies of "The Rescuers" as the albatross is plumpeting (sp) past the building, some animator inserted a shot of a naked lady into the windows in two different frames. It would only be on the screen for 1/24th of a second, but someone caught it and Disney went (as you can imagine) ballistic!

Quote:

Other Movies:
Pulp Fiction
In the scene where Vincent is about to inject the adrenaline shot to Mia's heart after she overdosed on heroin, there are the games Operation and Life stacked on top of each other in the background.

That is all I can think of for now.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Well, I didn't want to spoil it. But you're right about the mer-people.

Simba and Kimba have this one thing in common, their names rhyme. Simba's father is killed and he goes off and has a great time until he realizes his responsibilities and retakes his throne.

KIMBA'S father is killed and he and his mother are captured by poachers. Kimba escapes when the ship sinks (drowning his mother) makes his way back to his father's pride and (I'm not making this up) tries to bring civilization to the animals!

Watch the color version of "The Thief Of Bagdad" some time and catch all the obvious riffs "Aladdin" lifted. I've never seen anyone pick up on those.

I think you can find "Dark Side of the Rainbow" on YouTube if you dig around.

I never had the patience to sit through it myself.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
By the way. . . Paul is dead.
What would Wavy do?
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Quote:
On 2007-01-26 18:40, Justin R wrote:
Has anybody here tried syncing up "Dark Side of the Moon" with the Wizard of Oz? I haven't but I'd like to hear from somebody who actually cared enough to try it out.

Yes I have done it a few times. There are some pretty intresting things that happen. http://www.everwonder.com/david/wizardofoz/

Anytime you can listen to Daek side of the moon it is a very good thing.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Mandrake01- Thanks for the heads up, I may check it out sometime.

Ryan- Thanks for the link, after reading that, for some reason the whole thing seems kinda creepy to me. Wonder what that's about?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hidden stuff in movies (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL