The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Footprints and the Gypsy Thread Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trickyvicar
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of trickyvicar
Here's an idea for a Gospel Routine! You are all free to take it and use it if you so desire.
Use the wonderful Gypsy Thread trick (made famous by Eugene Burger and others) and re. tell the beautiful poem 'Footprints' but in terms of a man walking along the 'thread of life's journey'.
Introduce the story and stretch out the thread over a flame. The story continues along these lines: the man reaches the end and as he looks back he sees his life's journey AND two sets of footprints, one either side of the thread. However, one set seem to have left him during the lowest, darkest points. He cries to God 'what could I have done that was so bad that broke our relationship? (burn the thread at this point); did I fail you in some way? (burn again); or did I not believe enough? (burn) and so on...
Then begin rolling up the strands as you say; 'He held his heavy head and sobbed great tears of grief. But then he heard a voice from heaven... and it said; 'My precious child, I love you, and would never ever leave you. When you struggled so greatly on the thread of life's journey it was then that I carried you. So know this my child, and believe me when I say that the thread that holds us together... will never CAN NEVER be broken (gradually unwind the restored thread).
Bright blessings to you all,
Mark T
'Bringing Wonder back to Life'
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Pretty cool application!
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Sorry to inject a doubtful note, but the "footprints" story is an elegant allegory already - trying to "illustrate" with magic a narrative that is ALREADY an illustration is a bit like trying to illustrate a painting or a song - leave the original to do what it does best unless you can improve it.

Now, if you could find an effect with disappearing/reappearing footprints, that might be a way.

Maybe in closeup - cards in a row of 5 or 6 printed with footprints, that then turn blank, and then change again to spell out "F-A-I-T-H"?
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Here is a nice Gypsy Thread video demo. Scroll down to the Gypsy Thread video.

http://www.diarchy.lt/EN/video.htm
trickyvicar
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of trickyvicar
Fair comment Ross.
Mark
'Bringing Wonder back to Life'
dkmontgomery
View Profile
New user
Missouri
24 Posts

Profile of dkmontgomery
Hmmmmm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Footprints and the Gypsy Thread Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL