The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Oh no! Not another pricing question -- Performance Pricing Guide? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Greetings,

In my nature photography world, there are several resources that help to establish at least an idea for pricing one's work. The most well known is probably photocalc. This is a software program that lets you answer many questions like market area, rights granted, cooporate or personal use, etc.

Is there any such resource for performers? I figure the factors would be, Type of show (kids, buisiness, restaurant, etc) Market location, Travel expenses, and more.

If there is, maybe a sticky about it would fend off all the "Hey how much do you guys make questions." Which are usually met with less than helpful (there are exceptions) answers.

Best and Thanks,
Jim
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
A buddy of mine is a photographer. On his business card, under his name, it says "really, really expensive photography". Off to one side it says "YOU can't afford me". I always thought this was a good starting point.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
That's an approach. Smile
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
At one time Scott Guinn had an article at Online Vision pertaining to pricing.
If I recall, he based hourly pricing for restaurants on the cost of two expensive meals. There was also stuff about other venues.
I just visited Online Visions and looked at Guinn's 'Pro-file' but couldn't find the article.

Jamie Grant has has his take on pricing somewhere here on the Café as well.

Pricing will differ from state to state and region to region.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Oh no! Not another pricing question -- Performance Pricing Guide? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL