The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Help with "Misled" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
state
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of state
I think the illusion looks fine even if the pencil does not pass through the fold. I don't spend a great deal of time in that view anyway. After a quick glance of the penetration, just let the bill hang in a skewered position while you do your patter.

This is just my opinion, but I also don't think it is necessary to do both phases of the trick that is explained in the routine. Kind of makes me feel like I'm doing the same trick twice. Spectators are floored by just doing one or the other, then immediately giving back their bill and a souvenir pencil.

As for the sound, take a sharp pencil and actually pierce a bill. You will find that it's actually not that loud. The method in the directions duplicates the sound very well.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Follow Misled with Sankey's impromptu version, then hand all out.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
I agree Joseph. In an attempt to add an unintentional convincer, on the offbeat I ask the spectator to hold the pencil while I retrieve a blindfold for the X president (post-it). The gimmick is ditched during the retrieval, the spectator has handled the props, and they are left with one last amazing penetration that can be fully examined. Some may not find it necessary to hand the pencil out, but in my experience as long as the bill was borrowed, their skepticism switches to the only other object in play, the pencil. By relinquishing their theories only now have you created a true miracle.
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."- Aldous Huxley
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
I already told you guys, there are a lot of horrible performances on the internet of Misled. The very best performance is this one, and I do it EXACTLY the same, it rocks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX3QU4CF41c
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Help with "Misled" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL