The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Max Maven three envelopes (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Seems simple enough doesn't it?
Ever Elizalde
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ever Elizalde
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, Mark Timon wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, fagani wrote:
Hi
It seems impossible to find this book: did Max publish it elsewhere?
Any help?

Thanks a lot

Fabio

Send you a pm

Hey Mark. Care to share the info as to where to find this effect with me?

Thank you!
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
For English

GO HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTrAUoeBf7Y

Was "Notions" the only source?
Solux
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Solux
Reminds me of Larry Becker's Will Power.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2023, Solux wrote:
Reminds me of Larry Becker's Will Power.

What Becker publication is that routine in?

Got it.
World of Super Mentalism II

Thanx
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Can not find a source for the Hen Fetsch angle that both Becker and Maven give credit to.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Neither do I although having a lot in my library... as Larry Becker wrote in "World of Super Mentalism 2" (1979): "This is the locking type double envelope created by the late Hen Fetch... the handling of the Fetch envelope should be credited to Phil Goldstein who used same in his fabulous Coupon Caper..." Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ever Elizalde
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ever Elizalde
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2023, JanForster wrote:
Neither do I although having a lot in my library... as Larry Becker wrote in "World of Super Mentalism 2" (1979): "This is the locking type double envelope created by the late Hen Fetch... the handling of the Fetch envelope should be credited to Phil Goldstein who used same in his fabulous Coupon Caper..." Jan

Hi Jan!

Is the construction of the envelope explained in World of super mentalism 2? I might have a copy somewhere.

Best,
Ever
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
No.
Jan and I agree that it is poorly describe (pg 76).

I do not have Max Maven's Notions. But, do know that Max gives credit to Fetsch.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
The Coupon Caper was ONLY published in Notions. I suspect Max regretted publishing this as it remained a part of his working repertoire.

If you are intrepid enough copies can be found, after all that's how I got mine.

Happy hunting....
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I think you do not need at all "Notions" to understand the procedure. Larry Becker's description is not clear and heavily overcomplicated... I could not track down Hen Fetch's idea... but the idea to tuck in the flap of an envelop in order making it "locked" you'll find also in various modifications in the "Tarbell Course of Magic". And Scott Creasy has done some great more on and to it ... a spectator would not remove the tucked in flap if he can reach in and remove the paper he sees... but the performer would (and does!) remove the tucked in flap in order to remove... and of course, he would and could not show the otherwise empty (?) envelop (and why should he?)... bending back the flap on top of the envelop will conceal all... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I would still like to read Hen Fetsch missing material on this envelope mentalism.

And the Max Maven Notions pamphlet, which I did not exist until this topic was posted.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Ask Alexander....
Ever Elizalde
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ever Elizalde
Apparently Max used this principle in other effects as well such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjlCDPuusT4 (I am not 100% sure of course, but it looks like this is the case)

Maybe that's why he decided to not publish it in Prism or any other publications.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I have a version called ultimate technicolor prediction. It's in pdf thread somewhere.
JustJohn
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JustJohn
Anyone given thought about going with a set of forces instead of MOs, maybe dice or Chronos?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Max Maven three envelopes (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL