The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I had my cat neutered; now he's grown fat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
I had my cat neutered; now he's grown fat. I understand that this is a common problem.

Waving a magic wand does no good. Anything short of liposuction that I can do to help the poor thing slim down?

Dai Bato
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
He's depressed.

no body likes being forced into being a Tranny...not even cats.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
One more reason not to get a vasectomy.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Whatever you do, don't read Pet Cemetery.
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Instead of packaged food, release live mice in your house. This will keep him active and give him short dry spells, like he would have in the wild.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Get him a diet food, feed him a bit less, and play with him more.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Give him Atkins' diet plan and lots of play time! It may help to put him on a exercise machine designed for pet mouse..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Take a knife and cut his belly open and take out his fat. I do it all the time, my cat isn't very playful and doesn't move a lot anymore but it does the job Smile
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Same thing happened to me.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Get a couple of big dogs. That way, the kitty will venture out to the food bowl with much less frequency.

Seriously, what does your vet say?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Count your blessings he isn't taking a leak over everything in sight and going out making miniatures of himself.

As for his weight, you may want to find some fun activities for him to participate in. Whatever you do, don't try to put him on a severe diet. If humans are any indicator, doing so may drive him crazy with hunger and he'll try to find a way to cheat.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Evolve has the right idea. Recent trials have suggested that we need to feed cats canned/meat diets. Felines are carnivores, but a majority of pet owners feed their cats dry food. The main ingredient of most dry foods is corn, followed by meat-and-bone meal. Corn is loaded with carbohydrates, your cat is fat. I should also mention that dry pet foods were developed by companies in part to profit from goods that were determined "not-fit for human consumption". There is a reason the largest pet food producers in the world are subsidiaries of Nestle and Heinz. The main reason I hear people say they don't feed their pets canned food is because it is bad for their teeth. I don't care if you eat dry food or wet food; if you don't ever brush your teeth or get them cleaned they will slowly rot. That is why your veterinarian recommends getting their teeth cleaned once a year. Yes they charge you $300-$500.00 plus or minus depending on where you live, but if you truly understood their cost, and compared it to what you would have to pay to have the same thing done to yourself, the price is fair. It's more a question of whether or not you can afford it, but it is definitely better for your pet.

whoa... I started ranting thru my keyboard.....The point is, to keep your cat at a healthy weight, try feeding him strictly a canned diet, and for the love of god:

NOT a raw diet, unless it is prescribed to you by a VETERINARIAN.

Beware that older cats can have thyroid issues that can result in weight changes, blood work and medication can easily control these, and if a fat cat is losing weight fast, get him/her/it to a doctor and have the liver checked.

Spay and Neuter your pet, if you can adopt from a shelter. Avoid breeders at all costs, and also take lightly anything told to you by a Breeder, especially the ones that have “has been doing it a long time". See your veterinarian at least once a year, and get some kind of blood work done at that time. Get X-rays as well if you can afford it. Get your pets teeth cleaned at least once a year, again if you can afford it, and try to always time getting blood work done and getting an anesthetetic procedure done together to save you money (you should always do blood work before anesthesia). Whenever your pet goes under anesthesia insist that they get I.V. Fluids, you usually have to pay extra. At that once yearly exam get your pets stool checked for parasites, especially if you have children. Canines and felines commonly carry tapeworm, roundworm, and giardia to name a few, which are a serious health risk to the community. Don't forget vaccines.

ok I'm done.

Matt Monte
Aim To Amaze
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Here kitty kitty kitty ... HEEEEEERE, kitty ... now where has he run off to?"
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Check out this Fat Cat. Awwwwwwww.

And it hasn't even been nutered yet.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2815234
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I had my cat neutered; now he's grown fat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL