The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Strolling trick for EA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oge
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Oge
Do you guys think that EA have trick that we can perform close up or in table hooping or walk arround magic?..rather than using tumb cuffs?..any idea
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5321 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
If you don’t want to use Thumb cuffs (why not?) then take a regulation pair of handcuffs and openly pick and shim them in front of the spectators (Xtreem’s routine). Some would argue that showing that it can be done is not the strongest of escape performances but it does work in a walk around situation and demonstrates your skill.

Or you could do a “In an out” routine using a wrist strap or handcuffs and a bag made from two bandanas sewn together (to put hands into to escape from and to put them on a spectator).

Or you could simply take some plastic electrical “zip” ties and perform a thumb tie escape (Black Ties). Or use “twist ties” and do the same thing. Or take a roll of electrical tape and do the same thing.

Or you could take a length of rope (say 24 inches) and let people bind your wrists and escape doing a simple spin (to cover the escape).

Or you could take your heavy duty “Siberian Chain escape” and do that escape (packs flat and looks mean!).

Or you could forget escapes as a walk around bit and simply do some magic (probably more entertaining anyway).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
You could try a "pick a card and I'll find it" routine while handcuffed behind your back. Simple trick, but would look impresssive, then escape the cuffs!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Depends on the whether or not you want stuff that fits in pockets or if you carry a bag around with you.

I've done strolling gigs where I dress as a "British" tourist (complete with hanky on head etc) carrying my suitcase. Basically anything that fits in the case I use for a bit of a show.

Its not traditional "walk-a-bout" stuff, but if you treat the gig like a series of small street shows you can attract a crowd and then do a mini 15 min show.

Doing it this way there's no reason why you couldn't do an sj routine and fill the full 15 mins.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Oge
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Oge
Thanks for the idea..yesterday I did some gig using the rope and pick a card thing..and it goes really well...but as an EA do we always have to perform a escape stuff to the audience?...or just do simple magic which more entertaining?...or we just have to stick with that?...
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
If you are an escape artist and you want to send this message to the audience you'll obviously have to perform an escape.

Its no good saying "hey, I'm an escape artist and can escape from loads of things like straitjackets, handcuffs and packing crates... now pick a card".

If you want to give them the message that you're a magician then do magic.

If you just want to entertain people, it doesn't matter what you do as long as they are happy and enjoy your company.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Strolling trick for EA (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL