The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Break-Away Wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking for a quality-made "Break-Away Wand". I wanted to find out which one holds up the best... I fear purchasing one and having it fall to pieces... no pun intended!

-Bryan
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Viking makes a great, elegant breakaway wand called the "Broken and Restored Wand" that holds up to heavy use and even includes an extra center cord that you probably won't need to replace for years. The wand should even be under $20. It's the highest quality one I know of.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I believe Hank Lee's used to sell a higher quality break-away-wand. It was much more expensive, and I really don't know if it was worth the difference. To be honest, the cheap ones hold up fairly well and look pretty goog. When they do wear out it doesn't cost much to replace them. I always keep one or two spare ones with me. Even if I owned an expensive one I would feel the need to have the spare ones in my case...just in case.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Higgenbottom
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Higgenbottom
Yes, I guess there are few things worse than a broken break-apart wand.

I always keep two too. But after I give the child the broken wand, I apologize and give them the other one. Then I apologize again and hand them back the first one (restored). After I've done this a few times, I give them a different gag wand.

I've been thinking about gluing together a break-apart wand to use for the final wand. Has anybody else done this?
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Quote:
On 2011-11-21 12:46, Higgenbottom wrote:
I've been thinking about gluing together a break-apart wand to use for the final wand. Has anybody else done this?

Kind of... I just hand them a regular wand...
-Matt
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I used a black door spring with tips painted white.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Higgenbottom
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Higgenbottom
The standard break-apart wand and the door spring are different enough that you can use them both -- I do.

The door spring is great when you have an adult male helper. "He says that that has never happened to him before."

The idea of gluing the break-apart wand together is that it will look like it would break apart, but doesn't. Switch
it in after using the regular break-apart a few times.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Check out David Ginn's Fishing Pole Wand.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Break-Away Wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL