The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Floating Book Shelf... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Here's a great little instructional web page with a great idea for your magic den or living room. You're a magician right? Why not make your magic books float?

http://www.instructables.com/id/EOFOYM0RBUEXCFH30A?ALLSTEPS

Lyndel
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Now that is an awesome idea and an easy one to accomplish. In fact, it's kick-started a few other ways this concept can be used. Thanks for that link, Lyndel!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I love it! What a grat prank! I think I will call for that to be on my backdrop next show I do!

Thanks Lyndel
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2007-01-30 08:48, Lyndel wrote:
Here's a great little instructional web page with a great idea for your magic den or living room. You're a magician right? Why not make your magic books float?

http://www.instructables.com/id/EOFOYM0RBUEXCFH30A?ALLSTEPS

Lyndel

I think it looks pretty easy to make...but what I'm wondering is this: Won't people think that the books are just somehow glued or stuck to the wall?

Not trying to be negative.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Just symply take off one or two books and show tem they r not glued Smile hopedully plan on starting myne tomorrow(no school!)
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2007-01-30 16:45, daffydoug wrote:

I think it looks pretty easy to make...but what I'm wondering is this: Won't people think that the books are just somehow glued or stuck to the wall?

Not trying to be negative.

Someone on a different thread suggested that while manufacturing your "shelf" book, you install some strong magnets under the back cover. A second book with corresponding magnets could then be attached and removed from the bottom of the stack - and thumbed through - as a convincer...

Of course if someone really wants to know the secret, they're going to fiddle with your books and figure out what the dealio is anyway...

Lyndel
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
It's an illusion! It's an artistic expression! Why can't we just accept something as fun to do and a joy to ponder. Why does there ALWAYS have to be a secret in need of protecting?!?
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Hey Skip... Easy buddy... Would you like a cup of ...DECAF?!

:spoon:

Lyndel Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2007-01-30 18:45, Skip Way wrote:
It's an illusion! It's an artistic expression! Why can't we just accept something as fun to do and a joy to ponder. Why does there ALWAYS have to be a secret in need of protecting?!?

Um, something to do with that's the way it's been from magic's primal beginnings, perhaps?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Wow, call Ripley's, I'm going with Skip on this one. The forum is "Not very magical". The shelf (on it's own) is a puzzle.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Well ive slowly started.. I have the L bracket But I'm cutting it to size. Also there is a support in the center that I have to cut out.. (took like 45 min to cut the one end to size!) then ill measure and cut the book glue over night than sent it in place!
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2007-01-31 13:43, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Well ive slowly started.. I have the L bracket But I'm cutting it to size. Also there is a support in the center that I have to cut out.. (took like 45 min to cut the one end to size!) then ill measure and cut the book glue over night than sent it in place!

Cool! Post us a pic of the completed project!

Lyndel
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Will do.. hope to get it done tomorrow:D

Posted: Jan 31, 2007 6:31pm
Hey guys,

I'm done! it looks pretty good.. ill put up a pic when I get the time..

Posted: Feb 1, 2007 9:05pm
So yeah I made it.. and a very short video.....

but for sum reason youtube wont let me post it:S guess ill keep tryin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Floating Book Shelf... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL