The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Requested review: Brad Burt videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Hi guys,

I've tried the search engine but couldn't find much about Brad's videos. Would anyone be so kindly to give a review of any or all of his teaching videos? How is he as a performer, teacher....how are the quality of his videos, etc.

Thanks

nalu Smile
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
You can't go wrong with Brad, although I've never seen his videos, but I have heard many positive reviews about his videos and he takes good care of his customers.
never try, never know
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I learned how to perform the one handed shuffle from Brad Burt's video. He is a very good teacher.
ME
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Nalu I have all his teaching videos on cards coins rings etc....... they are the best around. Brad goes over all the basic slights from every angle . He teaches what is very hard to get from the written page,
hope this helps
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Well, here I go again being the contrarian.

When I see a video featuring Brad Burt, I don't even have to think about it - I just pass it by. Brad is certainly a likable fellow but his tapes are EXCRUCIATINGLY slow with repetitive minutia. The ratio of interesting, useful tips in Brad's tapes versus a good tape is about 1 in Brad's tapes for every 4 in a superior tape.

IMHO

Gianni
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Gianni, the reason his tapes are slow is thatBrad is teaching you a move from every angle. He's not just doing a move. These are learning tapes, not tapes with effects.............
Hope this helps
vinny
Come check out my magic.

DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Vinny has it right. Brad shows you all the nuances. He wants you to learn it right!
It's not about tips or effects...it's about doing the move...and doing it well.

How many sloppy Elmsly Counts have you seen? None of those guys learned it from a BB tape.
john blaze
View Profile
New user
PA
82 Posts

Profile of john blaze
I only ever saw the Zarrow Shuffle tape. That was enough to know that I never want to see another one. There's such a thing as doing a move correctly before you go "teaching" it.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Don't listen to the naysayers! Brad has some of the best teaching videos availible today. They may seem slow, but it's only because Brad shows things from various angles to ensure to correctly learn the sleight.

John, I'm curious....how was Brad's technique in error when doing the Zarrow shuffle?

Bill
William Holcomb
john blaze
View Profile
New user
PA
82 Posts

Profile of john blaze
Hi Bill,
I think my complaint should be obvious. When he does it, it looks like a fake shuffle...and it IS. It just shouldn't LOOK like one. I'd go into more detail, but really, I don't Have the time. Watch him do it, and watch an expert do it.
Best Wishes,
John
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi john, I was reading your post,The way Brad teaches the Zarrow shuffle I would never do it ,also the way he does a Farro shuffle I would never do it either . However most of his teaching are very good , especially for the novice. And one can learn much better from Brad than from a book,
vinny
Come check out my magic.

fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
I live in San Diego, CA which is home to Brad Burt's Magic Shop. I have purchased magic items from him from time to time, and when I've met the guy, he seems very likeable. His shop is also very well-stocked and a nice place to visit. I, too, have almost bought some of his teaching videos, but haven't yet because I wasn't sure if it would be a good investment. Now that I've read the overwhelming good reviews that they've gotten here, I definitely will buy some!

Thanks for the reviews and honest opinions!

Frank
http://www.88pianokeys.com
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Yeah, i know I work for him, but that does not mean that I have to like his videos. However, I think that his card videos are the best way to learn TECHNIQUE. And the sponge ball video is the best on the subject. Look, get them, and if you do not like them, return them for a FULL refund. Smile
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I'll have to go with John Blaze on the review of the Zarrow shuffle. It's almost comical how poorly it is done.

I do think the tape on flourishes is great and as I had mentioned, he is a great teacher so you should be able to learn from it.
ME
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
If you learn Brad's Zarrow Shuffle, and then learn mine off of my Gambling tape, it will be perfect. Brad says I have the best Zarrow Shuffle he has seen. Smile
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I have a VERY strong opinion about Brad Burt and his instructional videos. If it were not for Brad I would not be a magician today. I own 13 of his videos and HIGHLY recommend them. As many others have stated he goes to great lengths to teach technique(s) the RIGHT way. He approaches most of his vids as though the spectator is a layman.
I live in a small town and the closest magic shop is hundreds of miles from me. I do ALL my business with Brad. Not only is he an excellent magician, but, is one Kick @#$% man. He gives his honest opinion when asked. He's not just interested in your money. He has given me many "heads up" on many items and I have had opportunities to buy things from him (at a "first run" price. much cheaper and before most of you hear about the product.) If he doesn't stock it, he will get it for you. I can not say enough or thank him enough for what he has done for me. If only all shops and web sites opperated with his integrity no one would ever get "ripped off". Brad and his staff (dpe666) ROCK BIG TIME !!!!! Smile Smile Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
DITTO................................
Come check out my magic.

WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Quote:
On 2003-01-12 00:30, dpe666 wrote:
Yeah, i know I work for him, but that does not mean that I have to like his videos. However, I think that his card videos are the best way to learn TECHNIQUE. And the sponge ball video is the best on the subject. Look, get them, and if you do not like them, return them for a FULL refund. Smile

FULL REFUND!!!! I'd like to think that that was a kind offer but I doubt many people take you up on it! Smile

Brad is one of the best magic teachers around. Full refund....bah! You couldn't pry 'em from my kung-fu grip!
William Holcomb
Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
150 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
Brad is one of the best magic teachers around. Full refund....bah! You couldn't pry 'em from my kung-fu grip!
[/quote]

Your Kung-fu grip is no match for my Iron monkey-fu style.....prepare to defend ones videos.

Michael Graves
Smile
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
If you're not happy with something Brad provides, talk to him. He'll make it right. We all have flaws, but he has integrity, and this more than makes up for an inferior shuffle. I learned the Zarrow Shuffle from Brad personally in 1983. I've never been caught at it. Ever. (20 years!). Finger-flingers can debate it all they want. If you don't know how to do the stuff Brad teaches on his tapes, you will after watching them. From then on, you'll improve and discover new tips and techniques as every student should. Brad isn't the only teacher in magic, but he's one of the best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Requested review: Brad Burt videos (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL