The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Single Card scale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Hi

I have been designing a manipulation act, and I was hoping to be able to do the following, be standing on the stage at the end of a paticular effect within the act, I face the audience, as I stand there a card flys out from the wings, and I catch it in my hand. I guess what would be required is a very precise long distance(15ft) card fountain that could shoot of one card.
I have never played about with card fountains so don't know whenther it is possib;e with a regular fountain, but if anyone has any ideas has to how I can achieve sadi effect, it would be massively helpful.
Thanks alot, I really do appreciate the time and effort people spend answering questions like this and I am very grateful.
Nick
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Anyone?
Nick
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
I have built a prop that will shoot a jumbo card into the air causing the card to spin end over end (somersault) and with a little practice be caught in the air.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
What if you miss catching that single card? Any plans for back-up? No matter how much we practice, something can go wrong one day.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Like an unexpected draft of wind across the stage if someone opens a door backstage - it happens.

Good luck with your act, though. Hope you do manage to sort it out.

Dave

Dave Andrews
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
I would do almost like an extended "hummer card" idea... but you'd have to have someone offstage talented enough to start the spin.

sounds like a real challenge and I don't know if the audience would be able to see the card that well anyways?
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
If memory serves me correctly, the late great Del Ray had a card fly out from his table and he caught it deftly in his hand. I believe it was at the end of his rising card routine. Three of four selected cards would rise from a deck and Del would act as if the routine were finished. Then as if jn afterthought he wouls remember that a fourth card had been selected, whereupon he would cause it to fly out so he could catch it.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Single Card scale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL