The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » A modest proposal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
My website currently gives me more the half of my enquiries. This is because I have a good site with a GREAT google rannking. (number one for the search melbourne magician).

However, there are things I can do to make my website better. I am looking for people with some design and/or web experience to offer their opinions to improve my site as a marketing tool.

In exchange, I can help get your website to the top ten in google like mine.

If your keen, please post here or PM me.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not keen to get people's random opinions of my site posted here. these types of threads are seldom useful as there are so many differing opinions.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Uh ... if it ain't broke, why mess with it?
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I would love to help you as I do know a LOT about computers (see: my father is a PhD professor of Computer Science and started/owned/ran one of the largest super computer centers in the world), but it would strictly be my opinion and not the opinion of a trained website consultant or any such thing. If you can help me get my site higher in the google rating I'm listening! Smile
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Quote:
On 2007-01-31 22:29, rossmacrae wrote:
Uh ... if it ain't broke, why mess with it?

To make the car have more mileage per gallon...
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
What area of your site do you want to improve

you have 4 different types of shows on the first page.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Nicholas, I got your test message and sent one back; was there a particular reason for the test message?
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Hi - I've PM'd you.

David - I'm not really looking to go into the site here. As you know, there are heaps of armchair experts who will like to spew their opinions on subjects they know nothing about.

suffice to say - I'm looking for general improvements to increase the number of people who call.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Nick, in a previous post (unless I read it wrong) you had 60 enquiries since the 1st of Jan.

I would suggest increasing your sales technique, your marketing seems to be working great. And I think you, and everyone, can get over-zealous in marketing; what I mean is, we all get into routines and keep looking for answers where none is really needed, constantly tweaking the web site, improving a small detail that doesn't really need to be changed. ----When it's working, you should spend the time and money improving your other parts of your business.
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Nick, this has nothing to do with the topic, but I LOVE the idea of a Bad Science show! If I were any good, I'd be trying to come up with a show like that right now.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
You can include page-specific keywords, such as for the Melbourne area, etc., rather than lumping them all on the front page. Keywords should be repeated 5 times throughout text, AT LEAST, to make them more effective. Remember, alt tags are nice for hiding keywords. Perhaps a pic on the front page?

Oh yeah, the more diluted the keywords, as in text volume, the lower the ranking. All the city locations means you probably won't do great in all those areas. But, decent in some. To make sure you get a higher ranking, make your keywords repeat ALOT in text, alt tags, keywords, description, page title, and THE URL is number one.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Thanks, Scott, but I am NOT looking for suggestions on this thread if that is OK.

I'm looking for people to work with on improving my site.

You may like to re-read the first post again.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Sorry, it was early. And advice is free, if you don't want it...
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » A modest proposal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL