The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 1 and 5 transpo.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Here is a funny clip of John Sheets. No AA just fun

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AAaIXod3n5w
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2742 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 15:20, Salby wrote:
There is a similiar effect of Mike Bornstein's version on page 232 of the SWITCH book written by John Lovick. This particular effect in this book is entitled THINGS CHANGE.

Mike Bornstein's gimmicked $5 bill is basically the same gimmick used in THINGS CHANGE with the exception of where the piece is glued to on the $5 bill. Mike glues it in the 2nd eighth of the $5 bill from the left while still on the upper half of the $5 bill. Mike's handling allows the magician to cover this gimmick with his thumb and thus allowing him to show all 4 corners cleanly to have the number "5" show on both sides. It is a very clever placement of the piece to the $5 bill.

In my opinion, Mike Bornstein really was the one to resurrect paper bill money from the older days. His clever gimmicks made miracles. I can only wonder if he was alive today, what new effects he would have come up with the newer U.S. Paper Bills or using newer techniques like Daniel Garcia's FRAUD to his own effects.

I think it is the same method as above, or a few pages away, where you get the patter from E Burger (that of a con man) that allows/motivates you to put the borrowed bill in your pocket, at the start, temporarily, and then again at the end, temporarily. With a little thought, you can use this routining to allow you to borrow both bills.

Further, DreamlandMagic.org has a 5-1 transpo that only folds the bills into 4'ths. To me, this looked fairer - no teny-tiny folded wad of a bill.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
IMHO Corey Burke has the most visual version of the 1 to 5 transpo. There is a performance only clip on his latest "Voracity" DVD. He was going to release the explaination on his website for the purchasers of the DVD, but there were some issues with that.

Fortunatly, Corey is my good friend, and he has told me that he has plans on releasing the explaination very soon. The demo for the DVD can be seen here..

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ETT5UXeNSTA&client=mv-google

Terminal Voracity is the 1 to 5 transpo, and there is a small clip of it at the end. It is extremely visual, and easy to perform. I'm really trying to talk him into releasing this soon, as it is a beautiful piece of magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 1 and 5 transpo.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL