The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarbell The DVD Set (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Anyone think it will ever happen? It seems nowadays that it would not be impossible, and I for one would love to see a video version of this set done one day.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
All the effects from Tarbell? Don't hold your breath.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
That would be a mega project - and way too expensive for most people. Also, not sure how Tarbell sounds to the young, new hip street-magician generation . . .
Cards never lie
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
But they have done it with other classic books, and have only included what they consider to be "workable material." I believe it is possible regardless of how long it would take. Especially if the best of each book were released as separate volumes. Which in the end would be 8 DVDs of course, and only containing maybe the best of each book. I am also curious to see how the True Astonishment DVDs turn out, which are based off the AOA books, but said to have a lot of new material. It may take a lot of work, but I doubt it would be impossible. Nothing is impossible in the magic world.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 03:44, MagicSanta wrote:

Not all, but maybe the best of each volume; or the most "practical" according to today's generation.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
I think an entirely new course will be designed before somebody makes an effective adaptation of the Tarbell course. Those books were designed to be a complete course in magic -- a "best of" DVD set would undermine the original purpose of the books.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
My question is: why? books are fine. theres nothing about a dvd that would make it remotely worth it. I know its just my opinion but a tarbell dvd would be a over priced gimped version of the volumes
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Yes, it would definitely cost a pretty penny.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
"Also, not sure how Tarbell sounds to the young, new hip street-magician generation . . ."

That's not a problem, they can call it TaRBeLLZ XTreMe!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I say why not? I am avid old-school book reader, and have been for 30 years. Everyone always says that something can't or won't be done, yet after awhile it is eventually is done. So I figured I would be the first to bring it up. I guess we will see. I love the books, but I also love a DVD companion for a visiual reference.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 08:42, Joshua Barrett wrote:
My question is: why? books are fine. theres nothing about a dvd that would make it remotely worth it. I know its just my opinion but a tarbell dvd would be a over priced gimped version of the volumes

I am in 100% agreement with you!!!
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2007, MagicSanta wrote:

I guess I can breathe now? Don't doubt me again you fools! Smile Well instant downloads anyway which is better than nothing!
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Either PM and DH read your post or you can truly predict the future. Amazing!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Well we got a lot of them for ID now, so it certainly looks possible to have a DVD set! I prefer DVDS over downloads to save space and have a hard copy to view at any time anywhere. Might be expensive but WELL worth it! I see you can also get all the Penguin Live Lectures on DVD as well which I will be getting over time. Love the Tarbell Course and I have had several sets over 36 years, original and the 8 volume set. Would be cool to have a complimentary DVD set to go with them. Dan did a great job so far with the ID's!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Isn't that what Dan Harlan is doing?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
What a great idea I would definitely buy it !
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Magic Kl True why not take the entire series of Dan Harlan Tarbell course downloads & rope it into one Mega collection !
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Perhaps they will when the series is completed.
Probably cost a fortune though to get the complete series.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Not really as what is the difference between buying one ID download or one DVD at a time? I would think the whole set would also be priced a little cheaper than buying each one individually. Also I wonder why they went up twice the price from $9.95 to $19.95 after Lesson 20? At $9.95 I could have gotten them all pretty quickly but at $19.95 will take awhile lol. But you could spread it out over a few years buying one or two DVDS a month. I would love to have it though as I would not have to worry about hard drive space or the site going down, or something which probably won't happen but you never know. But if it does come out on DVD I would get each one even if one a time. How many more lessons/tricks will there be? Can't wait for the rest!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I think Dan mentioned that he will be done this summer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarbell The DVD Set (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL