The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..28~29~30 [Next]
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2007-02-02 08:29, Larry Davidson wrote:

Also, maybe to tie everything together you could borrow the ring, offer to polish it, pull out your handkerchief and appear to polish the ring after which you have the spectator hold it through the handkerchief, say that you hope you didn't ruin the ring because you also use the handerchief to polish your shoes, whip the handerchief away to reveal that the ring has vanished, and then show the ring on your shoelace.

Larry, your thinking on this is great! I have yet to get the effect. I have failed so many times with getting a good, practical, and fun ring flight type trick. Interlace sounds promising.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Quote:
On 2007-02-03 01:39, late night diner wrote:
Question: Will the set-up interfere with me taking off my shoe earlier? (The first thing I do when perform at a table is pull off my shoe and dump out a lemon)

I'm getting the feeling I'd only be able to perform one or the other.

Having just received this, I can tell you that you can still do both Smile
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Since many people from this forum have been contacting us as well, we are also going to honor the $49.95 price for this STUNNING effect! Just use the following coupon code when checking out and the price will automatically adjust for you: interlace123

NOTE: Only applies to that item, folks!

Wow, Richard really has a winner on his hands with this one. Tim and Murphys: a big thanks for distributing this one!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
Question: Will the set-up interfere with me taking off my shoe earlier? (The first thing I do when perform at a table is pull off my shoe and dump out a lemon)

I hope this was a joke, if not I hope you don't mean a table at a place that serves food.

If had someone come to my table and pull off his shoe, I would be having a nice little conversation with the management and would make sure I wouldn't see that again.

Back to the topic. Has the question of wardrobe altering been answered?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2007-02-03 16:10, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
(The first thing I do when perform at a table is pull off my shoe and dump out a lemon)

I hope this was a joke, if not I hope you don't mean a table at a place that serves food.

I guess it's better than dumping out a corn... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hi guys,

First thank for the all the great reactions concerning Interlace!!

I have to tell you that this effect really socks em' hard.
For over ten years, ever since "On Foot," I have worked on making a ring appear on a shoelace. About 3 years ago, I came across a method refined it over time and reworked it until it became a moveless ring on shoelace.

I threw away many ideas as I had very strict guidelines when creating this effect.

1) It had to be practical and automatically reset.
In other words, it had to be something that you could perform in any walk-around gig and be reset to do again for another group without any reset.
You had to be able to finish with one group and when you walked over to the next group you could do it again.
To be honest, the way the effect has been structured, you can even repeat the effect with the same group, with another ring and still fool them by varying the method.

I played with many other methods and they all came up short.
Interlace was the only method that allowed maximum flexibility and easy of handling.
With Interlace, you are free to perform any of the effects you normally would in an average close-up set and yet still have access to Interlace when you want it. In other words you don't have to be set up to perform only this effect. It was designed to become part of your regular close up set. Also, you don't have to leave the room to reset, you are automatically reset after your performance.
This makes it a very practical effect for the working pro.

2) I wanted a method that was flexible for many handling choices.
There are 10 different handlings of the effect included on the DVD, including:
Flash Finish: A flash paper handling that will really fool you visually and psychologically!
Wiped Clean: a handkerchief handling where the ring literally vanishes as you wipe it with a handkerchief (BTW, I love Larry Davidson's idea of placing the ring under a handkerchief that is also used to polish your shoes...brilliant!!!)
Visual Voodoo: A no prop handling where you use nothing but their ring. After a series of amazing vanishes and reappearances (included on the DVD), you finish with the ring appearing on your shoelace.

PLUS:
Ring and String: This is an absolute killer way to end a ring and string routine!
Imagine an amazing ring and shoelace routine (included on the DVD) that ends where the ring supposedly penetrates back onto the shoelace in the spectator's hand. The spectator sees that the ring is not there, you pause and say, very slowly, "NOT THAT SHOELACE." You look down at your shoe and this is when you start to hear the SCREAMS and the "NO #&%$@ WAYs" because their ring is actually on the shoelace on your shoe! It doesn't get much stronger than this.

Regarding Preparation:
There is a ONE TIME preparation to your performance outfit that takes about 30 minutes to do.
But once this is done, there is absolutely nothing further to do and you will always be ready to perform.
The effect can be done with dress shoes or running shoes, but my personal preference is dress shoes.

Regarding pocket management:
Both your pockets are free to carry whatever you want in them.
This was important to me when I was designing Interlace.
As a professional performer, I would find it difficult to perform an effect that required dedicating an entire pocket to just one trick.
Interlace was designed for performers who are looking to get killer reactions, while not compromising pocket real estate.

The effect comes with a full length DVD that walks you through everything you need to know and do to perform the effect. You are also supplied with all the necessary props. Again, it will take about 30 minutes to get setup and then away you go

I hope that helps clear up some of the questions.

One last thing: I have a really cool, ring vanishing handkerchief on the market called "Any Ring." This was designed as an accessory item to Interlace, as well as a stand alone ring vanishing hank for other effects.
There are 2 very cool handlings for the handkerchief included on the DVD.
The handkerchief is unique in that it will allow the spectator to hold and feel any sized ring under the hank, from a thin engagement ring to a thick signet band.
This was specially designed so that you can borrow literally any ring without having to search for the correct ring size to match the ring in your hank.
This makes it a really practical prop for the working pro.
Best part is, it's only $15.00 available from your local magic shops in 2 weeks.

Best Regards,

Rich

BTW, please check back at http://www.sandersfx.com on a regular basis as there are some equally exciting projects on the way.
The site will be up in full force complete with the entire product line (with videos) in the next few days. Thanks for your patience and support!
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Hi Richard,

I ordered my interlace from MJM yesterday and await eagerly for it's arrival.

It's also nice someone put out an "all-in-one" ring vanishing handkerchief. I remember when the Bazar de Magia put out their handkerchief a couple years ago, I thought to myself "If they had put in a ring that was thin at one end and expanded to a fatter band at the other end, THAT would be perfect and THEN I'd buy one". It looks like my wait is over and I'll keep my eyes peeled for your handkerchief release.

PS) So, are your new ring handkerchiefs going to have a shoe polish option on them?

PPS) I really like the idea of performing a ring & string routine first, as the shoelace appearance gives it a very STRONG ending.

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Man, I cannot wait to get this. I currently perform my own gimmickless ring flight to key chain but this looks too killer.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Richard I am impressed!! I remeber you lecture at FISM 2006 and used On Foot. You fooled me badly with that let alone with this.
Yours,

Ivan
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2007-02-02 12:07, Paul Gross wrote:
Hello everyone,

To all Magic Café members. Hocus Pocus would like to offer you something special. Purchase Interlace from Hocus Pocus and mention the Magic Café for the special price of $49.95 post paid anywhere in the USA. This offer is valid until February 2/28/07 at midnight. This is in stock for immediate delivery.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus

Hi Paul,

Is there somewhere to enter "the Magic Café", when checking out, in order to get the special price? Or does this have to be completed by phone?

Thanks
Phil
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Just mention it in the notes section when you are checking out. that's what I did. Hopefully my order will ship Monday and by the end of next week I can give a review.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello rowdymagic5,

If you placed your order this weekend it will ship first thing Monday morning. You are correct if placing your order online, simply put the words Magic Café in the "Notes To Hocus Pocus" section of the online order form to recieve the special $49.95 post paid offer.

Thank you to all Café Members who have ordered this fantastic effect.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
Quote:
On 2007-02-03 16:10, tmoca wrote:
Quote:

If had someone come to my table and pull off his shoe, I would be having a nice little conversation with the management and would make sure I wouldn't see that again.

Hmm, I've been performing this trick for over 5 years without one complaint. I guess most people are smart enough to know it's not really coming out of my shoe. Smile
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey, I have a question.. Not sure if it has been answered already or not, but if you would like to gimmick multiple pairs of pants, would you need to buy that many 'Interlaced(s)'?

Thanks
-Vinnie
prestigemagic
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
34 Posts

Profile of prestigemagic
Hi guys,

Someone askes earlier if you could remove your shoe(s) without causing any problems with this effect, well you can remove your shoe(s) as frequently before or after the effect without ever causing any problems for performing Interlace.

And yes as it stands you would need to buy multiple Interlaces if you wish to perform it with multiple pairs of pants, but who knows what the great mind of Richard Sanders has prepared for the future.

Keith
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
If you put the gimmick onto one pair of pants, is it possible to take it off and put it onto another one?
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
"Exit" by Peter Eggink has been on my list for sometime. "Interlace" looks like it might be more practical and yes... even more startling. Can anyone who has tried both offer an opinion on this?

Looking forward to seeing the fully functioning version of Sanders new site!
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Just watched the review. looks awesome. looks like a must buy
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Richard Sander, eh?

Let's see.

Fiber Optics
Super Cards
Alpha deck
On Foot
Visibil
Slow Burn

I think we can say he's a creative genius. Another one form Canada. It must be the beer!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Thanks for the heads up, Keith, but I'm also interested in what Newb2 has asked..

-Vinnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL