The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel magic that can be used for preaching on the street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Shalom to all Christian magicians

I am a beginner magician who joined the wonderful world of magic just over a year ago. Being a Christian, I've always wanted to relate my magic with preaching gospel on the street which I believe could be a good way to create a common interest that would eventually lead to the gospel. I have had look at some of the collections of official gospel magic that were on sale. I think most of them were design for sunday schools and a lot of them were about the stories in the old testament with some morals at the end. I purchased the 3 DVD set created by Duane Laughlin which had a similar content to what I explained above. I was wondering whether any of you have any knowledge of a gospel magic that is related to Jesus, the problem of sin, salvation or the eternal life. Also, if you know any good opener that would nicely guide the converstion torwards the gospel then can you please name some of them? If you know any books or instructional DVDs then please quote them as well.
Thank you.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
I do gospel street magic!!! My best tricks are GIANT versions of "curve", and "the proffesers nightmare" (Using patter relating to sin).
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
I don't understand how "the proffesor's nightmare" relates to the sin.
Is that not about three different length rope turning into three equilength ropes?
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Here's the patter I use for "the proffesor's nightmare":

Some humans see lying as a "little sin" (hold up little rope)

Some think stealing is a "medium sin" (hold up medium sized rope)

Some think that murder is a "big sin" (hold up long rope)

But that's not the way God see's sin. He see's all sin as the same size (show all ropes equal length).
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
I see... That's a good idea.
Just wondering I've searched on the net for the 'curve' but couldn't find any.
Is that the official name?
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Living Waters sells a Curve illusion for street performance. Here's the link:
http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/me......TM-TRACT
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Thank you~
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Just to add to what Ethan suggested. Actually neither of the recommended things were the things that I was looking for... To be honest, I was looking for a trick that was more directly related to the tracts such as 'The Bridge to Life' or '4 Act'(not sure of the English title).

'Curved' I agree that it is a good way of showing that you should trust your eyes which eventually leads to the conversation of how important your soul is and 'The Professor's Nightmare' would be good for preaching to a mass audience about the concept of sin.

Let me explain the situation that I had in mind.
Every year, I go on this mission trip to some parts in UK (usually Birmingham and Leicester) for about three days. During that period, I have the opportunity to preach the gospel man-to-man on the street. What I often find is that people are generally reluctant to stay around you when you start talking about 'Christianity'. So instead, I wanted go to them and show them a trick (preferrably something that is easy to carry around i.e. a card trick) that has a direct message ending. I was thinking of buying some blank face cards to write some biblical messages about Jesus and do a card change to that message card to be given as a souvenir (this was because most of the tracts that we gave them always ended up on the floor...). Does anyone have any ideas.

Sung
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

A good card trick is to say "I"ve got a prediction written down" a piece of paper (preferably a small note book, so you can carry it around) with the name Jesus written down on it. then force the "king of hearts" on the spectator. Turn the paper over and explain that Jesus is THE TRUE "king of hearts", then give the spectator the piece of paper.

Hope this helps!!!
magic4jc
View Profile
Regular user
Texas, USA
143 Posts

Profile of magic4jc
Quote:
On 2007-02-02 17:02, jimi2040 wrote:
I purchased the 3 DVD set created by Duane Laughlin which had a similar content to what I explained above. I was wondering whether any of you have any knowledge of a gospel magic that is related to Jesus, the problem of sin, salvation or the eternal life.

The first "sample" routine that Duane shares in that series is this :
1. Patriotic Ropes - Jesus is God
2. Vanishing sponge balls - Jesus had NO sin
3. Modified Coloring book - Jesus paid for our sin
4. color changing plumes - Jesus is the one in whom we must make a decision

HOW DOES THIS NOT RELATE TO THE SIN PROBLEM, JESUS, AND ETERNAL LIFE?

You might consider "Cut & Restored Rope" with the following type of patter:
1. We have sinned, which seperates us from God. (cut rope)
2. We cannot "fix" our sin problem alone. (tie knot)
3. Jesus came to earth to die - paying the sin debt for those who will trust in Him. (restore rope)

As far as a card trick, consider "King of Hearts"
magic4jc
View Profile
Regular user
Texas, USA
143 Posts

Profile of magic4jc
AND, if you use a slightly modified version of C&R Rope, where you "pop" the knot off(again, a Duane Laflin routine), you can give the KNOT out for a souvenir. To remind the speck that our BEST attempt to save ourselves will "KNOT" work.

Hope this helps,
Mike
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
Thank so much for a detailed explanation chosengeneration.
Your id reminds me of a very popular korean CCM called
'Jesus Generation' and 'Miracle Generation'.
Guess we all are the chosen generation of Jesus Christ our Lord. ^^

Sung
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel magic that can be used for preaching on the street (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL