The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Glass eating - the real thing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2908 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
What makes me laugh is a card guy walking into this area and posting things they know nothing about. Has he eaten glass for a living? Or does fire eating a dozen times a day for the public. If the answer is no, he has no credibility. The only people that even the slightest idea of what I am thinking is Harley, Kondini, Johnny Fox and a handful of others that are out there in the trenches.

As one old pro wrestler said to me, "If you have never laced up the boots, you don't know what it is all about".

Todd
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Truth.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I find that kids have a better sense of reality testing than most adults, about these things.

Jugglers, who as a class of human beings, possess almost zero creativity (which is why so many of them steal routines from each other), at least use their bodies to make their art happen. They understand the physicality of stunt performance. A few of them understand how to be original. Only a few.

Magicians, bless their stunted little souls (if you happen to believe in those things), are so accustomed to thinking of the "trick", that often, they can't fathom the reality of what we do.

"Sideshow" performers happen to do, pretty much what they say they do. It's very simple, which presents a paradox that it has even greater power to deceive, because that's what we all do. When we entertain, we're creating a different reality for the audience.

The thing that can make a DG like this work, is that there are many parallels among the various disciplines. So we create a mutual feeding frenzy. This is good.

But if another newbie attempts to explain to me, how to do a bed of nails (for example), I'm just gonna, well, I'll just laugh, as usual. It would be like me trying to tell Ricky Jay or Jamy Ian Swiss, how to do a double lift.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Glass eating - the real thing? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL