We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..16~17~18 [Next]
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
P.B.,

Good question! Smile

Although in my opinion it is more visually effective performed close up, I do include a routine that shows you how to perform the levitation on a raised stage at eye level allowing the audience to see underneath your feet. However because you only lift a few inches in the air it may be difficult to see for the seats in the balcony, if you see what Im saying.

Thanks to Chance Wolf's insite, and the comments that followed. Thanks for the humour again Terry.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
For what my opinion may be worth to our members, I have already sent a check for $109.95 to Peter for this effect when it comes out. I am quite impressed with it.

Some good points were made above responding to those who want to know every little detail. Peter would be foolish to reveal too much. The more he revealed, the more folks would want him to reveal even more until he was revealing the construction details and where to get the materials! Give a mouse a cookie...

Further, I'm glad the price is in the 100 dollar range. If it were 20, every person who saw it, even those who had never done magic at all, would snap it up, and that would be a shame. It would be like seeing 500 people doing "Hummer card" in Vegas, if you get my meaning.

Get the trick or don't get it. But don't criticize it until you actually have it or have seen it done in performance by someone who knows how to do it!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Peter does your pants have to be altered in any way to use the device? Smile
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Didn't Peter say you could do it in shorts. I believe Peter has been very good in answering questions posted here . I agree with Scott's comments about giving too much away and the price Peter is charging. Hopefully we will all get our " ELEVATOR" and then hopefully we can give positive reviews.
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
Is the initial production of the product just a small one, or is there enough to satisfy all of the preorders? I was just curious because I preordered, and just like everyone else, I would hate to have to wait any longer for this.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1024 Posts

Profile of jlibby
I will only say that the comments on this topic go from the sublime to the ridiculous (I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which).

For some reason I am unable to view the video right now. No matter. Some of the comments here have led me to the conclusion that this effect is a reputation maker. I've been considering adding some sort of self-levitation to my repetoire. But I'm a big guy, and I've wondered if the ones on the market would suit me. Sounds to me like the Elevator would fit the bill.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Joe L.
Ugly $5 Report is GOLD!

Grab your copy now:
https://makequickcashonlinenow.co.business
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Hi,

I am only 14, and so £70+ is a real lot of money for me. But after viewing the demo/reading these pages I really want this effect now. It would be perfect for me at school and to just walk around.
All I need to do now is work out a way to phrase this when using my parents credit card, and handing over £70 cash.
Hmmm..."I have ordered a lot of stuff, all from America" or "I have ordered some stuff from America" and then pay my parents £20 every month to make it seem less. The only problem is it will be on the credit card invoice...'Magic-£70' Smile Smile

Anyone got any advice to buy this? Smile Smile Smile

Thanks,
Lewis. Smile
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Sorry I do not like the video. Too dark and too muddy. Yes I know there are limits to the technology but the Dazzle video is so blurry and at most times, too dark even with my brightness turned all the way up!

I just could not see enough to know what was going on most of the time if you did not put up title screens.

Probably the better idea is to put the link on your site for download if you do have a a better quality.

This way you do not have to email it out and people can download at will.

I just do not think I have seen enough to send a check. There still appears to be some angle issues. This time from the back and the extreme sides if I base when the camera stops panning.

I am not trying to knock it but too many are praising it without actually seeing it or just viewing the rough blurry video. Oh I am not saying I will not send a check, but not until I see if anyone who gets this changes their mind.

If it is really that good, don't under sell it. I am not trying to get down on anyone but I see TOO MANY teens on this site jumping at things for the trill of it.

Make it too cheap and every kid who calls himself a magician will be exposing it due to poor practice or not understanding the work. The price is the only thing you will have to keep EVERYONE from "doing it". (or trying to do it)
Look what happend with Zero Gravity. It was too cheap and in the end exposed over and over on the newsgroups.
Good luck with it and I look forward to hearing some real feed back from people who purchase and use the product.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
mghia,

Yes the video is blury and pixelated because it is being streamed. Not sure if you know what streaming means, but yes a downloadable version will produce a much higher quality video! And Like I said before, it is being worked on and will be on both my site as well as Hocus Pocus' site, I had just asked for everyone to give us a couple of days. Thank you.

Angle issues? from the back? What do you want? An invisble portable hover craft for $100 bucks...lol, sorry no offense but that's funny. Your right you can't do it surrounded...If you could I think I would charge closer to a million dollars.

As far as having people on your extreme sides, yes it can be done, and I know it sounds too good to be true, and frankly Im tired of saying that. I agree it will be nice when they are shipped out in the first week of Feburary so that people can see this for themselves. Thanks for your comments Mghia!

To answer Lesterkirad, we have enough in production to meet the preorders so far, but quanities are limited. The next lot will be a couple of weeks behind.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Outlawz_311
View Profile
New user
Minesotta
92 Posts

Profile of Outlawz_311
Quote:
On 2003-01-27 01:17, Peter Loughran wrote:

Angle issues? from the back? What do you want? An invisble portable hover craft for $100 bucks...lol, sorry no offense but that's funny. Your right you can't do it surrounded...If you could I think I would charge closer to a million dollars.

Hey how did you hear about my portable hover craft Peter? It's still under development and should be out by fall of 2013. The estimated price that you gave is a bit TOO HIGH Smile It's more going to be like $500,000.
"Ashtonishment is our state of mind" - Paul Harris
www.STGmastaz.150m.com
elushinz
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Orlando
132 Posts

Profile of elushinz
Okay...I fell for it. I ordered it and hope it meets expectations. If not... oh well... I've ordered worse. But if it kicks butt, I will be sure and let everyone know.

t
"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f@#d up."
Mitch Hedburg
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Peter,

The video looks fine from my 21 inch monitor, the muscic, well, it's not the 60s or 70s, but that's OK it didn't deter me from placing an order with Hocus Pocus.

As for price verse usage, any of the metal appearing/disappearing canes runs about $75 dollars for a one second surprise. It is not the tool but the presentation of the effect that makes the illusion.

I am looking forward to receiving this order. Thanks Peter for sharing this with us!
Dennis Michael
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3046 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
In the words of Mr. Guinn, "I'm glad the price is in the 100 dollar range. If it were 20, every person who saw it, even those who had never done magic at all, would snap it up, and that would be a shame. It would be like seeing 500 people doing 'Hummer card' in Vegas, if you get my meaning."

Quite frankly, even at the current price, I fear everybody will be snapping it up and doing it. Just look at how many people have viewed this thread and responded to it!

This is one of those situations in which I wish the creator had kept his miracle to himself or shared it with only a handful of close associates. It's a beautiful effect, truly in the "miracle" class, outrageously versatile, and doesn't require years of practice to perform adequately. In other words, it bears all the dangerous earmarks of overexposure.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Hi,

I've just ordered this. Cant wait to receive it. Smile
Has anyone got any idea how much shipping will be to England? Smile

Thanks,
Lewis.
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
Lewis you are in for a nasty surprise. You'll find your credit card has been charged $134.95, i.e. $35 shipping. I queried Hocus Pocus on this incredible amount for shipping and they say they don't know the weight of the Elevator (they hadn't recieved them yet) so they have charged an arbitrary amount which will be adjusted when it's shipped by refund to your card.
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Hi,

I just got an email from Hocus-Pocus saying that shipping will be around $25.

Still a real lot of money. Smile

Lewis.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Well what did you guys think a FORK LIFT costs to ship???.....Smile)))))))
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Wow, nine pages of discussion already & the elevator is not even shipped yet! Do you guys remember anything which has generated so much disscussion on a single topic so far(less blaine, of course)? I bet this thing will go on to a least 30 pages after its release, any takers?
never try, never know
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I am sure most of you will be excited by Peter's illusion. I know the method, and it's very very clever!

I'll be writing a full review in the near future, watch for it in the Catch of the Day forum. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I could'nt wait, so I ordered mine Monday.I was afaid they might run out filling the pre-orders and I did'nt want to wait another couple of weeks for it.

Anybody come up with a good reason to tell the spectators why you have to bend down and touch the floor before you rise up? Besides that, it looks great. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL